Escaping Buenos Aires for the summer months - where to go?

trojans10

Registered
Hi,

I'm living in Cordoba and Buenos Aires the past few months and would like to escape the heat/humidity in January and maybe February. What locations would be good?

I really only need:

-Decent internet to work
-Preferably a place where there are others whom I can meet

Any idea would be great!!!!!

Thanks!

are you trying to stay within argentina?

i don't know if you will escape the heat, unless you travel south or into the mountains. bariloche maybe? although i don't know what the summer climate is like there. mendoza may be good, it's warm but less humid so maybe not as miserable haha.

I'm open minded. Uraguay or Chile as well. I'm just not too sure where to to!

Something not too expensive as well. I'm looking at Punte Del Este in Uraguay - it seems for a 1 bedroom it will cost over 9k USD a month?!!?

Last edited:
Forget Punte del Este...it is expensive and a nightmare, especially in January. We liked Punta del Diablo in Uruguay, further north. Also, San Martin de los Andes, near Bariloche has a mellow summer climate. For beach within Argentina, Carilo is nice and tranquil.

Try Puerto Madryn. I was there a month ago and I loved it.

Recommend the Sierras of Tandil, 5 hours from Capital.

Decent internet, and reliable WiFi in the many bars and cafes here.... its the mini silicon valley of Argentina...more than 40 IT companies here.
Plus you will most likely meet people, as there are few, if any, foreigners. Have yet to meet another Englishman in two years living here, which cannot be a bad thing.

Mar de Plata, I know everybody says how crowded it is, however if you avoid the center it's empty. The rambla is great, some good restaurants and a nice ocean breeze. You can walk the beach for miles, sections of it are a zoo, and others empty. Lot's of fun. We go most years in January.
Nancy

Thanks all! Any locations south? Mid-south that has decent internet speed?

Rio de Janeiro is great in January.

I agree that Rio is great. It's pricey around NYE but I'd always go to Brazil during January. Either Florianopolis or Rio/Buzios. Most of Buzios is owned by wealthy Argentines so lots of Spanish around.

Back