ESL Teacher / Visas / DNI

yillabean

Registered
Hola,

I plan on moving to BA at the end of the year to teach English.

I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on how I will go about obtaining a working visa / residency visa. Will the school that hires me give these to me or must I do the leg work? Also, what length of time do these visas last and can you easily renew them?

I've also seen talk on the DNI. I plan to live in BA for a year or more. Is this something I should pursue? What are the requirements to apply for a DNI?

Thanks in advance for all your help.

"yillabean" said:
Hola,

I plan on moving to BA at the end of the year to teach English.

I was wondering if someone could give me some insight on how I will go about obtaining a working visa / residency visa. Will the school that hires me give these to me or must I do the leg work? Also, what length of time do these visas last and can you easily renew them?

I've also seen talk on the DNI. I plan to live in BA for a year or more. Is this something I should pursue? What are the requirements to apply for a DNI?

Thanks in advance for all your help.
You will have to do the legwork at the Argentine consulate that is the closest to where you live before you fly out here since you can't do too much from here.

Mike1, Thank you for your response.
Obtaining a working visa while I'm in my home country (USA), may not be possible. I was told by Oxford Seminars (I'll be taking their certification classes in September) that English schools in BA set up a face to face interview before hiring. So according to Oxford Seminars a possible employer won't present a job offer unless I'm in person.

Back