Estancia Y Dia De Campo - Deal Or No Deal?

I read roaring reviews for Estancia Margarita here, plus a few bad ones on TripAdvisor, however USD130 per person a day sounds like a tourist price rather than a local price.
Perhaps it is worth the money for horse fans, but to me it sounds like out of our budget (it adds up to USD180 if we include travel by bus). For that money, we should be spending a weekend in Punta del Este, no?

Seems quite reasonable the price $1092 Arg ? for a double room with private bath ??

Price Includes...!! Breakfast, Lunch, tea time sandwichs, and dinner with sodas and a bottle of wine?
Just the meals amount to about more than $500 pesos then $500 for the room. A bargain...! Even at the blue rate is US$130 x14 = $1820 . Can't buy 2 meals in town plus breakfast and tea time.

$130 US El precio de la habitación incluye comida casera (desayuno, almuerzo, merienda y cena) complementado con refrescos o una botella de vino argentino gloriosa y servicio de mucama.

Rich One, the price is per person, not per room. Most estancias have a per person price, not per room, because food, drinks and activities are included.

Rich One, the price is per person, not per room. Most estancias have a per person price, not per room, because food, drinks and activities are included.

Norsegirl Still 4 meals and sodas and wine, plus the room for the price in pesos of $1092 per person (as printed) is a steal...!!! or $78 USD ast the Blue rate....!! Deme Dos"

Per Person
Bfast 50 pesos
Lunch 200 pesos
dinner 200 pesos
Tea time 75 pesos
Total $550 in meals minimum
plus the use of the facilities etc.

For 2 is $1100 pesos in meals so the room costs another $1000 for a Grand total of $2100 for 2 people Aprox

Still 4 meals and sodas and wine, plus the room for the price in pesos of $1092 per person (as printed) is a steal...!!! or $78 USD ast the Blue rate....!!

I read on TripAdvisor, in response to a (negative) review that they have their fixed rate in USD and then convert it in pesos at the blue rate. So it's 130 USD.
As i mentioned, I have never been to an estancia, but it looks like that a weekend there will cost more than a trip to Iguazú.

Per Person
Bfast 50 pesos
Lunch 200 pesos
dinner 200 pesos
Tea time 75 pesos
Total $550 in meals minimum
plus the use of the facilities etc.

For 2 is $1100 pesos in meals so the room costs another $1000 for a Grand total of $2100 for 2 people Aprox

Maybe you have a higher standard of life than me.
Breakfast ranges from ARS22 to ARS38 (café con 2/3 medialunas). I actually had breakfast on Av. de Mayo for ARS 22 in a modern café (nothing historical).
Lunch: we had lunch in Palermo yesterday at 1810 for 122 ARS in two and I was stuffed up! (there were 4 lunch promos and we added a dessert).
Tea time... you mean mate y medialunas (again?!) 75 ARS? I don't think at the estancia they will serve Ceylon tea in hand made linen bags.

If you spend that kind of money in BsAs, maybe you should move to the US - it's cheaper than that!

I don't think there are any local prices for estancias. From my perspective they are too expensive and not really worth it.

I read on TripAdvisor, in response to a (negative) review that they have their fixed rate in USD and then convert it in pesos at the blue rate. So it's 130 USD.
As i mentioned, I have never been to an estancia, but it looks like that a weekend there will cost more than a trip to Iguazú.

Maybe you have a higher standard of life than me.
Breakfast ranges from ARS22 to ARS38 (café con 2/3 medialunas). I actually had breakfast on Av. de Mayo for ARS 22 in a modern café (nothing historical).
Lunch: we had lunch in Palermo yesterday at 1810 for 122 ARS in two and I was stuffed up! (there were 4 lunch promos and we added a dessert).
Tea time... you mean mate y medialunas (again?!) 75 ARS? I don't think at the estancia they will serve Ceylon tea in hand made linen bags.

If you spend that kind of money in BsAs, maybe you should move to the US - it's cheaper than that!

There is no point in arguing however, the prices at the estancias are for tourists can't expect the same prices as in a Promo in a cafe in avenida de Mayo. :D . My comments are not related to MY preferences or purchases, but what you would pay in a resto here! Don't take it personally all perceptions are valid !

Bfast at any confiteria in Av, Santa Fe , Recoleta is $21 for small coffee plus $ 21 for 3 medialunas total $41 plus $4 tip total $45 minimum
Tea time /Merienda: is Coffee or tea toast and a piece of cake! a piece of cake in a Confiteria in Recoleta is $40 pesos therefore $75 is in order. Or too little?
Lunch/dinner: can't use as a reference a fixed price lunch Promo for $60 pesos in Palermo, with an a la Carte resort offering parrilla and asados , sodas and a bottle of wine, if you add to the Promo the drinks/a soda $18+ each plus tip gives a total of $158 a promo for lunch !!! For dinner would go to $ 200 in the same resto. however is for 2 guests??? :confused:

APPLES and ORANGES

There are a lot of very nice , and even mediocre estancias all over Argentina. I have stayed at quite a few. I highly recommend any of them , just to give it a try. You will see some nice places , country , and be exposed to some great Argentine hospitality. Anything to get out of the city.

Find something in your budget , and go for it !!

Thanks for your suggestions! I will look into the two estancias that are here up north. I still don't know if my friends will be here for 2 or 3 weeks - if they are here just 2 weeks AND we are going to Rio, maybe a Dia de campo would be the best option money-wise and time-wise.

Meanwhile- Good parrillas in BsAs Norte?

Sega de Vaca is an all you can eat parilla restaurant on Dardo Rocha.

La Vaca in San Isidro bajo.

La Cantina di mi Tio off Panamericana near Unicenter.

Above are budget places.

Expensive: Rosa Negro on Dardo Rocha . Nellies in Porto Olivos.

We went to La Vaca but it was awful! I had a tira de asado and it was barely eatable. The french fries... terrible, soaked in days-old oil.
And it is even more expensive than El ñandu (in San Isidro bajo as well).

Rosa Negra, been there and it was good!

Back