Even Cher Hates Cristina

Umm... You guys do understand that the zoo is part of the private sector since Menem in 1991, and that whatever regulation that it should be subject to is a matter of the city government - the national government has very little bearing here and if it intervened it would contradict the federalist ethos of the Argentine republic that is so sacrosanct. So you're welcome to whatever critique of Kris that you feel necessary, but in this situation, if fingers are to be pointed, the informed direction would be towards the city government of Macri... I'm not a K militant, but as foreigners, to create an air of impartialness and informedness, lets not throw stones at situations where they aren't deserved. It's rather ignorant to begin with and doesn't contribute to our status as immigrants or welcome temporary residents of this nation that, unquestionably, despite migraciones bureaucracy and argentina's macroeconomic instability, has treated us so well. Pick your fights better. Cher knows *%#^ all about what she's talking about.

Don't get me wrong, bears are almost as badass as dogs... Never want to see one of my burly buddies suffering.

Ummm... Why don't you inform yourself by at the least reading the article before telling us what is the 'informed' direction for fingerpointing

Uh, 20 million children in the USA not getting enough to eat, one in six Americans on food stamps, a million dead Iraqis, nearly that many dead Afghans, and god only knows what more human suffering inflicted around the world by the US military and O'Bomber the drone-mad dictator, yet Cher is all up in arms over one freaking bear? And you support this?

Can we say "priorities", boys and girls? Yes we can!

And you support this?

Not at all, in fact I'm pretty sure my first post in this thread made that clear. I don't really care what Cher gets up in arms about since she's unlikely to do anything that will have an effect on my life, I do however think that this particular case is a pretty stupid thing to get your panties in a bunch over.

Umm... You guys do understand that the zoo is part of the private sector since Menem in 1991, and that whatever regulation that it should be subject to is a matter of the city government - the national government has very little bearing here and if it intervened it would contradict the federalist ethos of the Argentine republic that is so sacrosanct. So you're welcome to whatever critique of Kris that you feel necessary, but in this situation, if fingers are to be pointed, the informed direction would be towards the city government of Macri... I'm not a K militant, but as foreigners, to create an air of impartialness and informedness, lets not throw stones at situations where they aren't deserved. It's rather ignorant to begin with and doesn't contribute to our status as immigrants or welcome temporary residents of this nation that, unquestionably, despite migraciones bureaucracy and argentina's macroeconomic instability, has treated us so well. Pick your fights better. Cher knows *%#^ all about what she's talking about.

Don't get me wrong, bears are almost as badass as dogs... Never want to see one of my burly buddies suffering.

Did Marci win some national election recently ? When did he become mayor of Mendoza zoo? :lol:

Also just to make a few things clear, given the confusion:

1.Mauricio Macri is the mayor of Buenos Aires; the bear in question is in a zoo in the province of Mendoza (roughly 1000 km away).

2. Neither Macri nor Kirchner are autocrats with responsibility for everything that happens in the jurisdictions they govern. Argentina is, at least in theory, a republic with division of powers.

3. Cher was totally hot dancing on a battleship.

Maybe Sean needs to read her the riot act!

sean-penn-cher-dead-ringers.jpg

101020X7_PENN_B-GR_03.jpg

Pick your fights better. Cher knows *%#^ all about what she's talking about.

Maybe it's because many of us can't resist the chance to have a pop at KFC.

What infuriates me about Hollywood idiots that decide to wake up and bitch about some injustice is pretty much what Possum had to say, with a slight difference. She gets all worked up by a bear in Mendoza - but what about all the poor families in Argentina who live in equally (to humans) poor conditions, or worse (they don't have people hosing them down when they're hot, even). Poor medical care, poor education lots of national injustice even at all levels...but a bear is being tortured and that makes Cristina's hands bloody.

If I were "Liberal" in my politics I'd be so damned embarrassed to have "Hollywood" on my side...

Back