even higher ATM fees

I went in to banco Supervielle the other day to cash a cheque and, noticing that I was a foreigner, the guy at the counter out of the blue told me that any time I wanted to draw cash out with my foreign credit card, just come into the bank, skip the line and I can take out cash at the counter without any fees. That one is one Cordoba Av down near Puerto Madero, but I assume other branches, and maybe other banks offer the same service.

The same with Superveille in Callao/Marcelo T. Without the skipping the line though :eek:
You need your creditcard and your passport.

I know their policies changed fairly recently, so can someone confirm that if I open a Citibank account here and withdraw cash from Citibank ATMs in Buenos Aires, I will not be charged a fee? I've been told that there is no surcharge, but they do still charge a 3% foreign conversion fee? Thanks!

It’s great that Supervielle does not charge for taking out a cash advance on a credit card. I know a lot of banks I tried to go to would not even do a cash advance for me, and Banco Piano in Microcentro charged me their own fee.
However, I doubt that any credit card won’t charge you a fee for a cash advance on top of the outrageous interest rates if you don’t pay it off right away. For example, I am lucky one of my credit cards, Capital One, charges NO Foreign Transaction fee, but their cash advance fee is $10 or 3%, whichever is greater, and that is only IF I pay off my card in full.
So for me, the question is still open…how to get cash here, cheap, without fees. Maybe Schwab is the best because my little credit union does not charge me any fees, but won’t eat other banks’ fees.

Back