Everything About Sending Money Out Of Argentina

I just sold another property last month and just went down to Buenos Aires last week to wire the proceeds out of my account. Used HSBC again. Paid 0.5% like before. I wired the funds out at 1 PM Buenos Aires time and surprisingly by the next morning it was already in my USA bank account. Last time it took a few days but this time look less than 24 hours.

I'm completely draining my account except for a small amount to pay bills. With the recent election results, anyone would have to be crazy to keep any significant amount of money in Argentine banks. I'd imagine currency controls are going to start up again once CFK is back in office.

Annziebelle

Registered
Hi I need help. My mom just sold her condo and even though she's been living there for 12 years she never opened a bank account over there and she has kept getting her Social Security in the USA. She would come to the US every year pick up 10k and take it back to Argentina. Now it seems like a mission for her to open up a bank account because they are asking her for proof of income over there. Well it's in the US not there. So no bank wants to open up acct for her to transfer her funds of the sale of the condo. WHICH IS RIDICULOUS. WE do not want to use casa piano as they charge 3% or 3.5% which is robbery. Does anyone have an idea of how we can transfer the funds back to the USA? I leave next week to pick her up. If anyone can share some input please anything will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Daniel82

Registered
Hi I need help. My mom just sold her condo and even though she's been living there for 12 years she never opened a bank account over there and she has kept getting her Social Security in the USA. She would come to the US every year pick up 10k and take it back to Argentina. Now it seems like a mission for her to open up a bank account because they are asking her for proof of income over there. Well it's in the US not there. So no bank wants to open up acct for her to transfer her funds of the sale of the condo. WHICH IS RIDICULOUS. WE do not want to use casa piano as they charge 3% or 3.5% which is robbery. Does anyone have an idea of how we can transfer the funds back to the USA? I leave next week to pick her up. If anyone can share some input please anything will help!!!!!!!!!!!!!
is she a resident like with a pension visa/rentista? If so, the documents she used to get that visa should suffice... how did she buy the condo originally? Wired the money from US? The reason banks ask about income is because of now strict money laundering procedures.... HSBC Argentina was close to having to shut down when a major international audit was done a few years back. Now compliance is a HOT HOT subject. Also- Most, if not all, Argentine banks will charge you a pretty hefty fee to wire money outside of the country.