Everything About Sending Money Out Of Argentina

Just wanted to say that I have recently been successful in transferring money from my Argentine "salary account" to my bank in the US via wire transfer. It was surprisingly fast - took 1 day for me. Cost me around 2%, which was more than the published fees...
I don't yet have my DNI, but Santander Rio (Citi) was able to do it using my Precaria, and my bank in the US provided a Swift number.

So, it can be done!

This was posted on a different thread recently by earlyretirement:

"I recently sold an apartment and I was surprised that you can even wire funds OUT of your US dollar account in Argentina to your USA account. I simply had to give them a certified copy of my escritura, deposited the funds and then signed some paperwork and had to pay a 0.58% commission and they told me that it would take about 5 business days but I was surprised that within 3 business days my funds were in my USA bank account. (Keep in mind I already have a US dollar bank account in Argentina and also have permanent residency in Argentina. I'm not sure this matters at all. I think as long as you already have a bank account you're fine).

Things are MUCH easier with Macri running the show"

You might message him to find out more.

Hola!

That is MY case. I am selling my property in ARG and looking into ways of getting the U$S from ARG to the US. You gave the certified copy of the Escritura to the ARG Bank or US Bank in ARG? In short, you need an account in ARG with a US Bank? (CitiBank, Bank of America, etc.)

Hola!

That is MY case. I am selling my property in ARG and looking into ways of getting the U$S from ARG to the US. You gave the certified copy of the Escritura to the ARG Bank or US Bank in ARG? In short, you need an account in ARG with a US Bank? (CitiBank, Bank of America, etc.)
You don't need a bank account here if you are dealing property, just the right paperwork. Ten years ago I sent back the cost of my property, in dollars to the UK. As far as I know it is the same now.

You don't need a bank account here if you are dealing property, just the right paperwork. Ten years ago I sent back the cost of my property, in dollars to the UK. As far as I know it is the same now.
In Cordoba, I just found out, if a property is sold and this is the only one and with NO PLANS to purchase another property there, you can WIRE the money from there to the US. I opened a NEW Checking Account at Bank of America JUST IN CASE my Credit Union Checking Account would bounce or have issues.

To lessen the blow on TAXES, retrieve the actual value of said home at time of purchase, then subtract the difference. You will only get TAXED on the difference. Consult with your CPA on that.

Good day, please my friend in Argentina has been trying to send me money from wu and money gram but they are not allowing it... Please I want to ask how can one send out money from Argentina to other countries like U.s or Dubai???? And if he do through wire from Argentina to banks in other countries will it work?

Ambrose Kc - Good day, please my friend in Argentina has been trying to send me money from wu and money gram but they are not allowing it... Please I want to ask how can one send out money from Argentina to other countries like U.s or Dubai????

This is not a recommendation for services by the following sites as I have yet to need to send $$$ from ARG to US.
https://www.fxcompared.com/money-transfer/Argentina-USA
https://member.neteller.com/signUp/?lang=en&btag=a_17276b_331c_&program=NTAFFILIATE

And if he do through wire from Argentina to banks in other countries will it work?
If you mean wiring funds from his ARG bank account to your US bank account, that I am aware, that is not an issue today. He should inquire about the current regulations with a banking officer at the bank where he has the account.

You could try using bitcoin:
  1. Set up an account with ripio.com (bitcoin exchange in argentina you need an Argentine DNI)
  2. Set up an account with coinbase.com (bitcoin exchange in US / Europe)
  3. Transfer your pesos to ripio and buy bitcoin,
  4. Transfer your bitcoin from ripio to coinbase
  5. Sell your bitcoin on coinbase for USD (or hold onto them if you think they'll appreciate)
  6. Transfer your USD to your bank account.

Once you've set up your accounts in the exchanges the actual transfer takes a very short period of time and provided you change the bitcoin quickly back to USD you should ok.

Try with some small amounts of ARS // BTC // USD and see if it works for you,

I am really not happy, I have tried sending out money from Argentina through Western, Money Gram and also wire yet non of them worked... And this money is needed urgently for treatment which I also explained to them yet they didn't allow it... Please I need the help of this Group, if there is any other way I can send money out of Argentina please do let me know so that I can try it..... And my second question is, can I export a new car from Argentina to Nigeria??

Back