Everything About Sending Money Out Of Argentina

If it's under US $10k that's probably what I'd do.. it's easy. Only downside is risk of losing it. If you're technical you could look into Bitcoin but most people either love it or hate it. If you're new to it, it comes with its own risks.

i thought about bitcoin when i moved here but the problem is finding where to buy it here. i was not able to get an account at the local exchanges here in the country.

So we were able to finally open an account at Supervielle and just transfer the funds to our Bank of America account. We sent the whole sale of the condo that way. Don't you have a Dollar account over there? It sucks if your USD is getting converted to pesos.
Have you thought about using a bank in URUGUAY? I hear its easier and safer. All you have to do is take the ferry and come and go.
IT SUCKS but... Can't your company deposit the funds in the USA and then you have someone Western Union the money to you?
Just trying to come up with ideas man. THis sucks

the fees i paid to wire money once were less than what it would cost me to buy multiple trips to uruguay on buquebus...

My pay is over 10k a month USD. With my expenses reimbursed it can be much higher. Essentially they are only transferring 10k out for me and the rest is stuck in my Argentine account. You can see how this quickly snowballs into a tremendous amount of money I can't move out of the county. I need to make sure I get all my money out of here before the elections in October.

It is amazing how everything changed so quickly.

I looked into buying bitcoin but there is no coinbase buy/sell here and buying and selling to transfer would eat into my pay. I'm thinking at this point just get my pay out of this country, at whatever expense, will be a win...

I'm not a troll. I figured yall had might have already figured this out. People in Argentina appear to have money... there must be some way they're keeping it safe?

As far as I know Argentines do not keep their dollars in a bank account (in Argentina). I know some have an account in Uruguay, some keep dollars in a safe and some people just hide dollars at home.

As far as I know Argentines do not keep their dollars in a bank account. I know some have an account in Uruguay, some keep dollars in a safe and some people just hide dollars at home.
Many Argentines have dollar denominated accounts with local banks.

My pay is over 10k a month USD. With my expenses reimbursed it can be much higher. Essentially they are only transferring 10k out for me and the rest is stuck in my Argentine account. You can see how this quickly snowballs into a tremendous amount of money I can't move out of the county. I need to make sure I get all my money out of here before the elections in October.

It is amazing how everything changed so quickly.

I looked into buying bitcoin but there is no coinbase buy/sell here and buying and selling to transfer would eat into my pay. I'm thinking at this point just get my pay out of this country, at whatever expense, will be a win...
I know a guy who gets about 5G a month out by using the strategy as outlined in my post #59 in this thread. No fuss and no muss.

... my understanding is the limit is 10k USD per month ...

This is a limit for money transfer by a resident to a THIRD PARTY account outside of the country.
Presently, there are no restrictions for transferring money to your own account.

This is a limit for money transfer by a resident to a THIRD PARTY account outside of the country.
Presently, there are no restrictions for transferring money to your own account.

This is my issue with believing anything Argentines tell me. No one ever really seems to know exactly what's going on at any given time. If you ask 5 people the same question you will get 5 different answers and they usually aren't consistent. "Trust but verify" has been my motto in Argentina.

This article tells me I should have any issue moving my money out but my company has made a huge deal about trying to find a way to get money out of the country. I won't if anyone truly understands what the resolution is.

This is my issue with believing anything Argentines tell me. No one ever really seems to know exactly what's going on at any given time. If you ask 5 people the same question you will get 5 different answers and they usually aren't consistent. "Trust but verify" has been my motto in Argentina.

This article tells me I should have any issue moving my money out but my company has made a huge deal about trying to find a way to get money out of the country. I won't if anyone truly understands what the resolution is.
yeah, it can't hurt to just try a wire for whatever amount you want. worst they can do is say no. and if they do try again with a different teller :)

Back