Exchange4Free Proof Of Address

semigoodlookin

Registered
I signed up for Exchange4free over the weekend as they are offering a better rate than Azimo. I completed the process and set up a transaction to be picked up here in Argentina. They took the money from my account of course before asking me for ID and proof of address. I can prove the ID, but not my address which means my money has left the bank and I have no way to get it back. Has anybody had any experience with this? Their online team is not available and the email help has not been replied to yet. Needless to say I do not want to lose my money, so any help would be appreciated.

I found it a bit cheeky adding a make or break stipulation after they had taken my money, but oh well.

Why can't you prove your address? Do you live in a park? Don't you get bills for water, gas, electric etc. sent to your address in your name?

Why can't you prove your address? Do you live in a park? Don't you get bills for water, gas, electric etc. sent to your address in your name?

Not legal in Argentine so everything comes to my wife's name. UK address, don't have one, sold it to come here.

Exchange4free do require proof of residential address as well as ID number.
There are ways to provide proof of address. You can go to your bank, as they should have your residential address on file (even if it does not appear on your bank statement) or you can get your wife to write a letter stating that you live with her and then you would need to provide her proof of residence.

Good morning!

For proof of address got to the comisaría for your neighborhood, tell them that you would like a Certificado de Domicilio. You will present your DNI or passport and pay 10 pesos or maybe a bit more now. Within 72 hours an agente will go to your address to make sue that you actually live there. I always gave my copy to the encargado who would confirm my living in the building. Or, you need to stay close to home until the agente has come to check. I have done this 10x. You will receive a certificate good for 90 days. I hope this helps. Paul

Back