Huge Problems With More Money / Exchange4Free

Farenheit

Registered
They won't release my money into my bank account. I have sent them the statement showing it leaving my account to go to exchange4free. Now they are asking for documents showing how I earned my money, if it was an inheritance, salary, etc, in the firsst place!!! this is outrageous!
Please be warned it is gettting very hard to send money into argentina. I think it would be the same with cash pixck-up. Once over a certain annual amount it's impossible.
By the way this is a very small amount I am talking about and I am going overdrawn and unable to pay my bills.....

More Money are the partners who work with Xoom and Exchange4free. Exchange4free say the problems with cash pick-up are just as bad. Has anyone been having problems lately?

If this craziness continues it will have a very negative impact on the expat population. [as in reduction]

Hi Farenheit,

My name is Tara from Exchange4free. We are working hard to complete your payment and provide an efficient and professional service into Argentina however the payment process itself and the regulatory reporting requirements on the Argentinian side are controlled by More Money (and ultimately the Central Bank of Argentina who are similarly under pressure from global regulators to tighten up their own Anti-Money Laundering Policies and Procedures). Unfortunately this has translated into some delays with payouts on the Argentinian side where we are asked to provide additional supporting documentation to More Money (and ultimately the Argentinian regulators) in order for them to release the payment on that side. These additional requirements are often on an ad hoc basis per transaction where they ask for additional supporting information.

We apologise for the inconvenience and are working as hard as possible to remedy the situation and get the funds released and paid out.

Thanks
Tara

(part 2 again this bug when you place a link)

Have a few of people you trust here do the same

In turn, have one of those few people, including you, go to Colonia with all the cards to withdraw USD (or have just one you'll give a small percentage to + splitting the cost of the Buquebus ticket). It's safe because just the balance can be withdrawn, nothing more.

The other advantage is that you get USD, not pesos, so you can decide of the best time to exchange money (within 2 days, the Blue rate can raise by 5% at times)

Couple of questions about this idea frenchie,
How do you get the physical plastic to start with? How long does that take?

Why would you take buquebus (they want fare in dollars) colonia express can buy ticket with pesos. An I think it was actually slightly cheaper and a much more comfortable ride.

Couple of questions about this idea frenchie,
How do you get the physical plastic to start with? How long does that take?

Why would you take buquebus (they want fare in dollars) colonia express can buy ticket with pesos. An I think it was actually slightly cheaper and a much more comfortable ride.

For the first one:
- Either they send it to you by regular mail (first time I ordered one, I never received it. The second time it took like 45/60 days and that was before all the mess with Correo Argentino).
- Or you can ask the Support to send it to you by DHL (costs 60 or 90 USD to receive it that way, I don't remember but that's well worth it)

For the second one:
I didn't know about that (a friend who works at the BA Herald & has the same card goes to Colonia for me and I pay her a percentage)

How can Buquebus charge dollars. I thought Xtina made dollar transactions illegal.

Back