Exchanging pesos abroad

Ashley

Registered
Has anyone tried to exchange pesos abroad recently (more specifically, the UK/Europe)?
I'm due to travel in December and really don't have the time to face the bank queues and limitations here. I can remember getting a horrible exchange rate in the UK last year but am wondering if some places may have put a ban on exchanging the currency altogether since the new AFIP regulations.
Anyone tried it?

I haven't been able to exchange pounds for pesos for a year, HSBC couldn't do it but maybe that was because it was for a transfer to Argentina.

JP Morgan Chase in the United States is currently not exchanging pesos due to "currency irregularities and government circumstances"

do you have a bank account in argentina? i have a banco frances account with a debit/atm card (visa). i am currently in nyc (my other home) and i just withdrew several hundred u.s. dollars from it, using the argentine card. that is one way of exchanging pesos abroad. i am sure it works the same way in europe.

I just came back from Miami and asked on a travel agency and they did exchange. 10 days ago they had a $5,00 and going exchange rate.

Back