Expat BBQ this Sunday afternoon (May 24th)

Status
Not open for further replies.

captdave

Registered
Hey guys!

Someone suggested I start a new thread to make sure anyone who would be interested in meeting some of the forum folks knew there was a burger burn here at my house in Vicente Lopez this Sunday, starting around 3 PM or so.

Burgers are on me, youse guys bring whatever you want to drink, or whatever else strikes your fancy. So far there about 8 or 9 folks coming over, with plenty of room for whoever else would like to show up.

There are a bunch of buses that pass close to the house (152, 161, 59, 29, 169 among others), while a taxi from Palermo runs about $20, 10-15 from Belgrano. PM or call if your scratching your head about how to get here!

The address is Gaspar Campos 121, and my cell # is 15 4048 4297

I also have a hundred or so paperbacks that are available for trading so feel free to bring any you might want to swap!

Look forward to seeing you all!

David

I´ll go with 2 friends so that means 3 more!!Thanks, Joe

One more. First trip to the burbs.

Are there are any buses from San Telmo that go there? If not the Train Station is Rividavia (Tigre train)? Sorry I'm a BA newbie...

Joe

The 29 runs from La Boca, through town, and eventually comes out on Libertador in Belgrano. From there it goes straight down Libertador, passes under the Grl. Pas overpass, and a few blocks later stops at Libertador and La Prida (just after the BIG Carrafour store on the right.) Cross the tracks, and walk up La Prida 3 blocks to Gaspar Campos, turn left and look for #121 (it's past the big tree in the middle of the road)

The train to Tigre from Retiro also stops reasonably nearby. Get off at the Rivadavia station, keep walking the same direction the train was going and in a few blocks you'll get to La Prida. Turn left walk up to Gaspar Campos.

I'm not sure what other buses might work - send me your street address and I'll check for you.

Does this mean you're coming?

:)

Regards,

David

Joe said:
One more. First trip to the burbs.

Are there are any buses from San Telmo that go there? If not the Train Station is Rividavia (Tigre train)? Sorry I'm a BA newbie...

HI,
Am brand new in town and would love to come, but am even more lost then Joe could anyone give me directions from Luis Maria Campos? Thanks

TX

The 29 bus runs down LM Campos (make sure it says "Olivos" in the front window - there is another ramal that you don't want - I forget what it says but Olivos is the right one)
Jump on that, give the driver $1.20, and follow the directions I gave Joe below...

BTW, if you feel rich, a cab from there would be under $20. Print out the map/instructions at the webpage:
http://www.davidelkus.com/map.html
and give that to the driver.

TX_Traveler said:
HI,
Am brand new in town and would love to come, but am even more lost then Joe could anyone give me directions from Luis Maria Campos? Thanks

Hello David,

This is a great idea. We will definately be there too. See you tomorrow!

See you.
Jacques and Petra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back