Expat Ladies Lunch/Brunch-Saturday 9/11 @2PM

NYC2BA

Registered
IMPORTANT NOTICE - CHANGE OF VENUE!! See Below in Red.

Moved this thread over from Women's Forum Post to reach the massess...

Expat Ladies Lunch/Brunch

Let's us Ladies get together for a "Meet-and-Greet"!

There seem to be a lot of fantastic out-of-town ladies here in BA (and here on baexpats.org) and I've seen many individual posts about wanting to meet up, soooo... why not get together and make some new friends, share a few tips, find a babysitter, whatever!

A few of us had discussed this Saturday as a possibility. It's not definite but it would be...

Confirmed...
Saturday, September 11, 2010 @ 2PM

DIVINO BOCADO
Alvarez Thomas 284 e/ Jorge Newberry (3 1/2 blocks from previous location)
http://www.guiaoleo.com.ar/detail.php?ID=7092 www.divinobocado.com

I've arranged a few Pre-Fixe Lunch options with water/soft drink and dessert or coffee ranging from $31 pesos ($8 USD) to $45 pesos or ($12 USD). Or you can always order a-la-carte of course. Oh and I had to put a deposit down so please don't stand me up! ;-)

Let us know if you're in!!
Cheers!
Monica​

How expensive is it, tho? I don't wanna blow up my monthly allowance so soon!
Also, are non expat girls welcome as well?

It's actually quite decently priced. I was there 2 weeks ago and I want to say that a Latte (in the biggest and prettiest cup and saucer I've ever seen) was $6 pesos, a POT of tea was $10, vanilla scone $3. Hope that's works with your budget and that you'll join us.

Incidentally, the Brunch has now moved to be Sunday Brunch only so it will be a la carte service (prices above). OR, we can move it to Sunday and do their Brunch Service which is quite comprehensive but also $55 pesos. Not sure if that is a bit much for some. Thoughts?

Incidentally, we're up to about 7 ladies right now! Should be great.

Oh and "Pero por supuesto!" that non Expats are welcome. I myself am a double agent...American of Uruguayan descent!!

Just to clarify my previous post, the Ladies lunch is still Saturday, Sept. 11 @ 2PM I meant that Tartine was no longer serving brunch on Saturday.

I am up for lunch on Saturday, as 55 pesos for Sunday brunch is a bit steep for me right now!

Back