Expat Meetup: Sunday Merienda

Sorry to be a late responder-- I will try and make it this afternoon as well.

~ Jenn

I may or may not make it as well. I'm lying down for a nap right now. I had to get up at 9am and... oh, no one cares.

There might be a guy who looks like me showing up later.

-Nappy

EDIT:

My 40 minute nap lasted well over 2 1/2 hours. I'm officially converting to Argentinism. Hope everyone had fun.

I just read about the meeting after it ended. Too bad. :-(
How was it? Can we expect another one this coming weekend?
Hope so.
Cheers, Joe

Thanks to everyone who came out tonight! It was fun meeting everyone and exchanging stories. Maybe next time we can play musical chairs so that each person can have the chance to talk to others at the far end of the table.

Possible future meet ups discussed include dinner at an Indian restaurant, a privately hosted potluck, or a gathering in the burbs. Hope at least one of these comes to fruition in the near future!

Until next time...

It was a lot of fun today. Great meeting all of the people that showed up. Looking forward to the next get-together.

Kudos to Katerine Ann and Michelle for organizing a most excellent event!

Absolutely! Really enjoyed meeting everyone last night. Gotta do it again!
And again, kudos to the organizers.

-Razorback

I too really enjoyed last Sundays meeting - thanks to those who set it up!

I thought it would be fun to have a BBQ next Sunday for any forum members who wanted to come. Thought I'd burn some burgers and provide a place a little less crowded then trying to all fit in a restaurant.
Show up anytime after 3:00

Anyway burgers are on me - just bring your own beverage. Anyone who doesn't eat/want meat let me know and we'll work around it (chicken, fish, ???).

I live in Vicente Lopez - easy to get to by a number of buses (152, 161, 29, 59, 68 among others) or the train to Tigre stops about 5 blocks away (est. Rividavia)
Taxi from Palermo is about 20 pesos, from Belgrano 10-15
There is an online map at:http://www.davidelkus.com/map.html with directions in Spanish. I print it out so Spanish-challenged guests can hand it to a taxista and have a reasonable chance of getting back!

RSVP's appreciated so I know how many burgers to get!

Hope you can come!

David

Back