Expat Wine Group Meeting #4 Thursday May 26th 19:30

PhilipDT

Registered
So due to a few requests, I'm resurrecting these wine groups. The three previous events were huge successes in the sense that everyone had a great time, lots of great wine was drunk, and we all met some great expats.

In another sense they were a bit of a failure. When I was imagining these events in my head, I was envisioning a rotating event that moved through the homes of the participants. The point being to share the not insignificant financial and logistical burdens of hosting. The reality was most of the "expats" who showed up were just temporary residents, and didn't have space ample for hosting, couldn't, or simple wouldn't be here for the next one.

I'm not complaining, I met some great people at these events who are now back in their home countries. For that reason I'm not going to say, "You can't come if you're a short termer", please do come. At the same time I'm going to really beg that a few of you permanent residents try to come. Alex_H has already graciously offered to host #5 so the proverbial ball is starting to roll.

Vital Statistics:

Who: First ~8 Expats to send me a PM.

What: A gathering of connoisseurs and winos involving tasting and chugging fine wines. Wine drinking experience suggested but in no way necessary.

Where: Casa de Philip located in southwest Balvanera. I will PM you the exact address and how to get here.

When: Thursday 26/5 from 730PM till the wine is gone.

What will be here: Stemware, Hors d'oeuvres, Screwpulls and big Terrace where we can drink and be merry.

What to bring: 1 red wine in the AR~120 price range, yourself, a smile, and any additional food you may desire

Hope to see you all next week!

The event is rapidly filling up for thursday, if anybody else would like to come, send a PM to me asap, or just post here.

Thanks all for coming, it was wonderful to meet you all, I hope you had a great time

Here are the wines that we drank in the order that we drank them

1. 2008 San Pedro de Yacochuya
2. 2010 Archavl Ferrer Malbec
3. 2006 Tapiz Black Tears
4. 2009 Sottano Reserva Blend
5. 2009 Mariflor Malbec

6. 2008 El Enemigo Malbec

A nice restaurant in Palermo called Prodeo Lounge is starting something called Wine Wednesday next week where there is free corkage on bottles and half price of selected bottles when you buy dinner at the restaurant. May be a good idea to help solve your problem.

Back