First Expat Wine Group Meeting: Thursday Feb. 17 7:30PM

PhilipDT

Registered
So as a follow up to the interest shown in the other thread I figured I should just go for it and put together the first event and see how it goes. I'm sure that once we're all liquored up we'll be making grand plans for future events (and conquering the world). I'm keeping the first one small so as to see how much stress this puts on the host. Anyway......

Who: First 6-8 Expats to send me a PM.

What: A gathering of connoisseurs and winos involving tasting and chugging fine wines. Wine drinking experience suggested but in no way necessary.

Where: Casa de Philip located in southwest Balvanera. I will PM you the exact address and how to get here.

When: Thursday 17/2 from 730PM till the wine is gone.

What will be here: Stemware, Snack Food, Screwpulls and big Terrace where we can drink and be merry.

What to bring: 1 red wine in the AR~115 price range, yourself, a smile, any additional food you may desire, and a CD for my antique boombox if you are so inclined.

And: Couples and friends welcome. If you are more than 1 please mention that in your PM.

Ok well, lets see how this goes! The price is a suggestion, you won't be shunned if you show up with a $100 bottle and you most certainly wont if you show up with a $150 bottle.

List of Attendees:
1. PhilipDT
2. Fifs2
3. Mr. Fifs2
4. weissbr
5. weissbr's + 1
6. Postmodernchild
7. Rick003

ok okI flaked out today but as a near neighnour I insist on being ncluded in this 1st event..if nothing else to make it up to you..please, me and husband...

Yes I know and there are also many fine wines for double that price. I had to pick a number and I wanted something well out of every day range because, well, that was sort of the idea behind the group, an occasion to drink the occasion wines. Future events may well have different price ranges, thats something that will surely be talked about at the first event.

Also like i said, price is a recommendation.

Tangerine said:
A bottle of ~$115 red wine that is going to turn into urine in 20 minutes is crazy.

I assume you're saying that because of the heat outside? I was figuring it wont be too bad at that time of night but if it is I have a large air conditioned living room which we can occupy.

PhilipDT said:
I assume you're saying that because of the heat outside? I was figuring it wont be too bad at that time of night but if it is I have a large air conditioned living room which we can occupy.

No..... Turn to urine in your kidneys. :(

Barry & Rita,

Please RSVP and let us know if we can come.
Thanks

Back