Expats not happy, why stay?

I'm fascinated by the contradictions in HotYogaTeacher's posts. They are full of anger, but she signs off with "Peace, Brother Expat"....!

She sounded so unhappy here that, for her sake, I hope she has moved back to San Diego, and found it still cheaper than Buenos Aires:rolleyes: All I can say is, whatever she was high on while living there, please lead me to it...!

Actually, San Diego is one of the most expensive areas of California - I looked at houses there five years ago, and prices were even higher than in Palm Springs.

Hotyogateacher --- (such a mouthful...!) is free to charge whatever she wants for her services, whatever they are. People can either accept the price or go somewhere else.

Beats me how someone so full of anger can be a yoga teacher. I thought yoga was about inner peace. Her posts show no such thing.

Okay, instead of whining, I'll say something positive:

I am moved by the Argentinians and expats alike of my acquaintance who know how to be happy here despite challenges. I have learned from them and think I could be happy almost anywhere. (Haiti and Rwanda excepted.) It's about family, friends, and the small daily pleasures.

And I am so glad not to be shoveling snow all the time.

I lived for many years in the States until I was catapulted back to BA by my husband's death. The first two years I was unbearably homesick, but now I've come to see that even though I lost much, I've also gained much. Each country has its good and bad points. Wish I could combine them into that elusive PERFECT PLACE.

Sara
p.s. I miss the snow, even if it means shoveling out the driveway.

SaraSara said:
Beats me how someone so full of anger can be a yoga teacher. I thought yoga was about inner peace. Her posts show no such thing.

Just goes to show that she has a lot to learn still. Maybe in her next life?

I figured since I started this thread I should chime in. My wife and I have decided, after 5 years full time in Argentina, it's time for another change.

It comes down to missing friends and the lack of great skiing for us. So, instead of being sad/bitter or wishing for something, we are taking the bull by the horns and doing the next thing.

We are very grateful for our time in Argentina, have meet some great people, and learned many life lessons.

Back to Tahoe, eh? Well, you have had a good ride here, and have been great with the info. Suerte, amigo!

mendozanow said:
Back to Tahoe, eh? Well, you have had a good ride here, and have been great with the info. Suerte, amigo!

Actually to Alaska, though Tahoe will always be home for us both.

I was doing the math, from 41 South to 60 North is 101 degrees.

Suerte a ti tambien, SS

Back