expired tourist visa

ljensen

Registered
I did not make it out of the country within the 90 day limit and am wondering what the penality will be. I am flying back to the states in a couple of weeks but returning to BsAs one month later. I don't want any problems with my return. Thank you!

ljensen said:
I did not make it out of the country within the 90 day limit and am wondering what the penality will be. I am flying back to the states in a couple of weeks but returning to BsAs one month later. I don't want any problems with my return. Thank you!

The short answer to your question is the fine is $50 pesos payable when you leave. I've never heard of anyone being denied re-entry after this.

The fact is that if you are actually living in Argentina permanently going out to get a fresh tourist visa every 90 days probably isn't any better than doing nothing. A tourist visa isn't valid for the purpose of living there permanently. The reality is that the government there (at least up until now) doesn't enforce the rules.

After Jan 1 2009 you will pay $131 USD when you re-enter. That is not tehcnically a visa fee. It is a form of retribution aimed at the countries that require Argentines to pay for a visa to enter their country.

Has anyone got any specifics on the new visa fee yet? Or just the same old rumors?:D

Back