Expiring Credit Card

khairyexpat

Registered
Hi:

I´m in a panic mode.
One of my CC is due to expire soon and afraid they would not mail the renewal outside of Canada.
Several years ago I lost another CC for exactly that same reason: ¨They refuse to mail renewals outside of the country¨.

What to do?

Any help would be very much appreciated !!!!!!

Not much you can do. Do you maintain a "residence" in Canada - possibly with a family member? You can have it mailed to them. I have had several credit cards held for me by my parents. One I used for almost a year before I actually had it in my hand. They just gave me the numbers I needed. Of course this won't help you if you want to use it in person here in Argentina.

Hope this helps.

Not much you can do. Do you maintain a "residence" in Canada - possibly with a family member? You can have it mailed to them. I have had several credit cards held for me by my parents. One I used for almost a year before I actually had it in my hand. They just gave me the numbers I needed. Of course this won't help you if you want to use it in person here in Argentina.

Hope this helps.

Using a foreign credit card in person in Argentina doesn't make much sense, but if you're traveling to other countries it's certainly useful.

Dunno if it's relevant, but my bank in Ireland won't send renewals of my CC to South America (they would if it was in Europe) ... but they don't have a problem with sending it to an Irish address (I give them the address of a family member, who sends it on to me by registered post). I then have to call them when I physically have the card, in order for them to activate it for me. Try calling your bank and tell them you're out of the country at the moment, and try to give them an address in Canada....

Have a family member or friend receive it at his or her address in Canada and send it to you through snail mail, preferably tucked in a book (an innocent, non-political book that will not anger Cristina, of course). Should have it delivered to your house in 2 weeks tops.

My bank mailed my CC here via DSL. They had my home address listed as here. I got the renewal six months ago without a problem.
I have also had a new credit card mailed to an address in the US where my friend photographed the front and back and I'm able to use it for any onine transactions that I make. Eventually I will pick up the card "si Dios quiere"....

Dunno if it's relevant, but my bank in Ireland won't send renewals of my CC to South America (they would if it was in Europe) ... but they don't have a problem with sending it to an Irish address (I give them the address of a family member, who sends it on to me by registered post). I then have to call them when I physically have the card, in order for them to activate it for me. Try calling your bank and tell them you're out of the country at the moment, and try to give them an address in Canada....

I've done this before as well.

Hi:

I´m in a panic mode.
One of my CC is due to expire soon and afraid they would not mail the renewal outside of Canada.
Several years ago I lost another CC for exactly that same reason: ¨They refuse to mail renewals outside of the country¨.

What to do?

Any help would be very much appreciated !!!!!!

Afraid they won't? Or know they won't? If your confirmed address on file for them is an address outside of Canada, I don't see why they won't do it. Perhaps it would be a good idea to make sure first, and ask the customer support rep what they suggest? If they have no suggestions for you, ask to cancel the card. They'll transfer you to another department who I can bet you will help you make some sort of arrangement to get the renewed card rather than cancel your account.

Just tell them to send it to a relative or friend and they can then mail it to you via DHL or Fedex. We do that all the time with out cards.

Have them send it to the Supreme Leader, she get all of her foreign credit cards renewed by mail.

Back