Expiring Credit Card

Thanks ALL, .. as always, you´ve been a life saver.

I just phoned in and they seemed to have no problem whatsoever sending the renewal as a routine to my Argentina address.
( no change of address .. or any other special requirements ..)
(unbelievably pleasant .. I´m not used to this, it´s been a long long time in Argentina ... ).
(The Rep. recommended that I don´t even change address).

It has been years since, ... but I don´t remember exactly why the other CC Rep. was so nasty and did the ugly thing to cancel my card. He gave me the impression that CC are never mailed outside of Canada. I don´t think that he even suggested or recommended to change address as a possible solution.

Again .... what would I do without all of you BAEXPATS ... many many thanks !!!!

What I would suggest is phoning the credit card company and ask them to put a freeze on the card until it arrives. Then if it goes walkabouts in the post, someone cant go on a spending spree whilst you waiting for it. Then call them once you have it to unblock it.

I have received many credit cards and debit cards via dhl and fedex albeit from banks outside of North America. last one was 1-2 months ago.

What I would suggest is phoning the credit card company and ask them to put a freeze on the card until it arrives. Then if it goes walkabouts in the post, someone cant go on a spending spree whilst you waiting for it. Then call them once you have it to unblock it.

Normally the Bank takes care of that, ... (they are protecting themselves ... first and foremost).
They have to mail the card deactivated (useless if it gets lost ... no one else can do anything with it).
(They never mail activated cards ... neither overseas nor back home )
I´m the only one who can activate it (after I physically receive it).

Back