Export Wine?

why can't you wire money out? wouldn't it be simpler to just pay the % wiring out en negro and be done with it?

braytrain said:
But wouldn´t exporting help the government enrich themselves???

I understand the cynicism everyone has but please if you have or don´t have experience in this please say so in your post, so I know whether or not to ¨dar bola¨ to your advice, because I probably could find ¨who to bribe¨ and I´m serious about this, if this could actually be a possibility. I have two family members that export out of Argentina, not wine, but if they export.

By "enriching themselves", I'm not talking about getting export tariffs or tax dollars for the good of society. I'm talking about outright theft of legitimate monies paid that go directly to their houses, vacations, cars, gasoline, dinners. They steal! And yes, I have experience.

I do have degree of experience with this.

We did a feasibility study 4 years ago - when things were MUCH easier here and between the prohibitive cost of shipping and the paperwork involved, it simply was not feasible. Now, it would only be much, much worse.

I have 3 friends that tried to do some exports (locals) and wound up getting out of the market due to the complications and costs.

I still fail to see why you wouldn't simply wire your money out? It will wind up being far more cost-effective.

thanks guys, I wasn´t meaning to insult or anything, just wanted to make sure...you know theres tons of people on this site that are just outright cynics and hate on argentina any chance they get

If you find a exporter with a license , and can consolidate your shipment with others , as there are many importers of Argentine wine in the US , and pay for the wine here , it is totally fine. WHat you sell the wine for in the US is your money out of the country. It is complicated , and contacts in the business are needed. i.e , the money is already be here. Best bet is to wire it. el-axpatriado reduced it to very simple terms.

So, since the guy who started this post isn´t responding, let´s just talk about me.

So... If I have a cousin who is an exporter with a license, and I could consolidate wine shipments with non wine shipments, and pay for the wine here...it would totally be fine? What exactly does that mean? Could you please elaborate?

Forget the non wine shipments. Need to find an importer who will receive the shipment , and release it to you. US citizens may import , for personal use , a certain amount. How much , I do not recall. Bottles would probably be required to have US health warnings. i.e. unless for personal use. This is a FDA requirement.
expecting women , sulfates etc.... It all depends on the importer in the US. For a fee , they will consolidate and , if it helps fill a container , and at what cost , will help if you know them. US importers are trying to make a buck , so , again , contacts , contacts....

Talk to your cousin , he is more familiar with export laws here. I have brought many cases of wine from Italy , with no problem. But it seems to me if you can find the US importer , and the ARG exporter , and it is not too much , it can be done.

One of my previous business was a wine importer to the US. I am not 100% sure of ARg export regs... Now that Christina is reina.....

Back