Extending visa in BA

James12345t

Registered
Hello all,

Does anyone know how you go about extending your visa for another 3 months without having to go to Uruguay? I heard you can go somewhere in BA and get the three month stamp extended for a further 3 months.

How long does this take and it is worth doing compared to going to Uruguay?

Avisame!!

James.

migraciones office Av. Antártida Argentina 1355 ask for and go straight to prorrogas, pay 300$ you're done, takes a half hour give or take. worth it? thats your deal

yesss i actually just did this last week! the hardest part was honestly finding the office itself. online it says it's 1355, which seems straightforward enough. but when you get there, you'll run into some misleading signs. like one of the street signs for Av. Antartida tells you that you're in the 1300 block, but that's not where you'll find the office, I think maybe it's an old sign? but basically if retiro is right behind you, you want to go right on Antartida, not left (which is what it would look like on google maps). you'll see a big Correo Argentino building in front of you, so go right of that, across the big intersection, and you'll find it there. worst case, you'll see a little entrance hut thing and the guy there was very helpful pointing me to the door I needed. once at the building, you need door #4, and you'll just wait in the main line. when you get the front (or someone might help you sooner depending on how busy it is) you just tell them you need to extend your visa, and they will give you a ticket with a letter and number. go wait in front of the window with that letter, and eventually they call your number to come up. bring photocopies of your passport! i didn't have anything and they were really nice about it, but there is a sign on the wall saying everyone needs photocopies of their documents, and if you don't have any you'll lose your turn and have to start over. but yeah then you just pay 300 and all done!

sorry for the excessively detailed reply haha but hope it helps, good luck : )

Anyone know if this process changes if you've overstayed your visa? or is it still just pay $300 pesos to renew it?

there are rumors going around that immigrations has cracked down on the visa runs to Colonia this past year. I'm about to have to make my first one this weekend but wanted to check if anyone out there knew for sure. If I'm not planning on leaving any time soon should I even bother with the visa run to Colonia or should i just go to Migraciones and pay to extend from here... OR just pay next time i come back in?

Unless you actually WANT to go to Colonia (very charming city, well worth a day trip) there's really no point in doing the Colonia run just to "renew" your visa. As has been mentioned countless times before on this forum, you overstay your visa by however much time, go to migraciones at the airport before your flight (allow extra time just in case)l pay your $300 peso fee and you leave with no hassle. I did it last week with my wife and two kids - we had all overstayed our visas by 7 months - and the whole process took maybe 1/2 hour or so. Day tripping to Colonia or extending your visa at migraciones seem to be unnecessary exercises and wastes of time.

ruedam said:
there are rumors going around that immigrations has cracked down on the visa runs to Colonia this past year. I'm about to have to make my first one this weekend but wanted to check if anyone out there knew for sure. If I'm not planning on leaving any time soon should I even bother with the visa run to Colonia or should i just go to Migraciones and pay to extend from here... OR just pay next time i come back in?

Wondering the same exact thing, and which is the better of the 3 options. So we'd greatly appreciate any thoughts.

ruedam said:
Rumors are just that ----- no truth whatsoever to this. Just the same, someone will ask the same question again very soon.

Back