Extra ! Extra! Read all ´bout it !!

fred mertz

Registered
The fee for withdrawing cash from foreign banks has been raised to $15,50 (US$4.00) per transaction

This $15.50 fee is the fee that BA banks are charging for money that is withdrawn from foreign acccounts. This fee is in addition to any fees that foreign banks may charge their loyal customers.

When exactly did that start? I withdrew money from a US account last Friday, and was charged 1%.

I hate bank transfers!

Sarah, there has always been an ATM fee, but it used to be around 12 pesos and just went up. The ATM tells you how much the fee is and then asks you if you want to continue with the transaction before spitting out your cash. It's just like using an ATM from a bank that is not yours in the States - they always charge. But, since you're international, your bank is charging you an additional 1% on top of this not-your-bank ATM fee.

Reputedly CitiBank ATMs do not charge fees... can anyone confirm?

If you front load your Credit Card and use that to withdraw cash you don't get charged the fee - I have no idea why, but you didn't pay the 11.47 fee, or the new increased one - I took cash out that way on Friday.

EliaA - Citibank doesn't charge the withdrawal fee for Citibank customers, I can confirm that (although they do charge int'l transaction fee). I don't know if they charge it to non-Citi customers however.

citygirl said:
EliaA - Citibank doesn't charge the withdrawal fee for Citibank customers, I can confirm that (although they do charge int'l transaction fee). I don't know if they charge it to non-Citi customers however.
It's an "International Conversion Fee", they charge to "convert" your money... even from their own banks, and it is 3%. A bit high, pero bueno.

Until a year ago I paid no fees whatsoever for ATM withdrawals in Uruguay or Argentina, although I did pay a fee in not-my-bank ATMs in the States. That free lunch is over now.

Last Friday I was charged 1% of my withdrawal - I checked my account on the web.

Liam, what does "front loading your credit card" mean"? Carrying a positive balance? If so, that's a great deal.

Back