Extranjero DNI without Extranjero inscription?

dilmah

Registered
I've heard a word/rumor that newly minted DNI for non-citizens are now lacking the big red extranjero inscription.
Any confirmation on this?

ill tell you in a few days when i'm back home, my new DNI should be waiting for me there

I've heard a word/rumor that newly minted DNI for non-citizens are now lacking the big red extranjero inscription.
Any confirmation on this?
Negative. Mine, issued three weeks ago (but dated September), carries the offending red word.

Mine issued in September as well has the big red EXTRANJERO.

When will they work out that we English speakers are neither foreigners nor migrants but instead a cut well above the usual riff-raff that descend from boats and aircraft or cross unguarded land and river borders to get into this country? They should put EXPAT in big red writing on our cards. Terrible.

I don't think they'll remove the extranero from it. The DNI can be used by citizens of Mercosur to move between countries without a passport.

As it stands, i think only PRs of Argentina and Chile can move between nations without a passport. It would be strange to not have some sort of visual indicator for migraciones to pick out who is who.

When will they work out that we English speakers are neither foreigners nor migrants but instead a cut well above the usual riff-raff that descend from boats and aircraft or cross unguarded land and river borders to get into this country? They should put EXPAT in big red writing on our cards. Terrible.
Being an expat doesn’t make you less of a foreigner than the Boliviano selling fruit. Who cares if the dni says extranjero? It is correct and there needs to be an easy way to identify extranjeros as the dni is used as an identity card and also for travel within Mercosur among other things. On a side not there are more subtle differences on the argentino dni, the background is actually slightly different and the colors on the back are also different. Also the dni of naturalized argentines is the same as that of natural born with the only difference that there is one additional line at the back that says the date of naturalization.

The DNI can be used by citizens of Mercosur to move between countries without a passport.

DNI still contains "nationality" field which can be used by border control.
It's only about removing that big red stigmatizing inscription.

we English speakers are neither foreigners nor migrants but instead a cut well above the usual riff-raff that descend from boats and aircraft or cross unguarded land and river borders to get into this country? They should put EXPAT in big red writing on our cards. Terrible.

ha-ha-ha. Yeah, llegamos de los barcos!

Back