eze aduanas

I once had an extensive conversation with the owners of a store that carries 6 or so different brands of termos. And almost all of the stainless steel ones are made in China. Including US market Stanleys. Stanley thermos were bought by a Seattle company in 2002, who promptly moved all manufacturing to China.
In fact, its even possible that my Gaucho brand termo I use every morning for my mate was made in the same factory.
The good quality "argentine" brands have two parts made in Argentina- the sticker, and the pour spout.
Only the really cheap plastic ones with the glass interior are actually Industria Argentina.
Deep drawing stainless steel requires expensive presses and complicated dies, which cost more than Argentine factories can afford, and both are priced in dollars, not pesos.

The Agostini brand, however, is actually owned by the same company that owns Stanley. And the Agostini factory in Brazil makes both Agostini and the legally imported Argentine market Stanleys. 5000 pesos on Mercado Libre buys you a very nice Agostini.

This means that if you buy a Stanley in Buenos Aires, it will, most likely, be a higher quality Brazilian product, as opposed to the Chinese ones you get on Amazon.

But, of course, without that USA cachet...

Back