EZE Flights - Likelihood of Order in a Week?

sagehen

Registered
Hi there,

My husband and I were at the airport on Friday, having no idea that we would spend our entire day there only to have our flight cancelled. We didn't end up going to Iguazu, but rescheduled for next Friday.

For those who have been here awhile, any opinions based on past events, of whether the situation will be sorted out 'soon'?

Thanks!

Unlikely the mess will be sorted out. In fact yesterday they announced
Many Rerouted Domestic Flights from AeroparqueNewbery to EZEIntl Cancelled

As the chaos from the rerouting of the Aeroparque Newbery flights to BA International EZE continues, it has just been announced that
40 % of the domestic Aerolineas and Austral flights will be cancelled in an attempt to ease the congestion. If you or someone you are associated may be involved, check with the airlines to see if you are affected:

http://www.buenosairesherald.com/BreakingNews/View/50217

Newbery ( Aeroparque, Buenos Aires) is closed November 3, 11pm, to December 1 (tho obviously, this may be extended). Flights will be rerouted to and from EZE, BA International Airport, Ezeiza.

Not all flights are rerouted thru EZE, that flights of Pluna, Sol, Andes and BQB will be rerouted thru Aeropuerto El Palomar.

Further, the following states that LAN Argentina domestic flights will leave from Terminal A and arrive at Terminal B. Both departures and arrivals for Aerolíneas Argentinas and Austral domestic flights at Terminal C.

http://www.migraciones.gov.ar/accesible/?noticia=449

The expected mess continues.

Suerte.

I think you should cut them some slack. This was a big surprise for them. It's not as if they've known for months and months and months and months and months and months and months that this was happening.

Thanks for the response. We are looking into getting a refund (cross you fingers) and take a bus instead. The LAN flights appear to have increased, so the bus is looking like a more and more attractive option. Thanks again for the help!

Good god, which is why I suggest to everyone to go thru Santiago on your way to Arghentina as well.

Plus catch a flight from there to anywhere other than EZE in Argentina (provided you can book your bags thru) , you avoid both Chilean and Argentine reciprocity fees.

I and most other people in Mendoza avoid flying thru BA like the plague.

Back