Ezeiza - Plastic Wrap For Luggage - Cost?

I put locker and always there is some sticker by aduana on it. I never noticed anything touched inside though, so I don't understand if did they opened it or just put through scanner. Everything valuable I have always with me... Wrapping is waste of money, after 10 travels you can probably buy new luggage (for one transport bag I paid 5 dollars in Nepal, one wrapping would be 3 times its worth...)

After my luggage was left outside, in a snowstorm in a big US airport, while waiting to be loaded on the plane, resulting in damp clothes and colors transferring into whites and other clothes I decided to plastic wrap luggage wherever available. ... with added reinforcement inside: covering contents with plastic.
Plastic wrapping may not prevent theft but I guess it makes wrapped luggage not the first pick.

For info: http://www.truestargroup.com/

I've never seen plastic wrapping at US airports, because the so-called DHS wants to be able to look at everything easily. I do use it when flying back from Ezeiza or Santiago, and I do think it's a deterrent. It's not quick and easy to open that wrapping, even with a knife (I also have locks on my luggage, for what that's worth).

Its quite easy to get past pad locks on suitcases with a pen and just open up the zip and then close it again after. Same goes for plastic wrap, just cut it off and then re-wrap it afterwards.
Personally I take an old locked pirates chest with me through Ezeiza.

most companies who sell the plastic wrap agree to rewrap your case if the customs or the security people ask to open it.

I went to the States about a year and a half ago and had my luggage opened. they put a little sticker across the seams stating that it was opened. the luggage I bought had separate locks from the luggage (I guess you could call them padlocks) but I'd made sure I'd bought luggage that had locks openable by DHS.

I've never wrapped my bags. Always thought it was a waste of time.

Its the biggest money making racket ever to be started at airports worldwide.

They have so many gullible clients that they do not even have to solicit any more unlike when they had just started.

Probably you all saw opened suitcases rolling around.. Some are better to be wrapped, that you don't search your content all over, especially big cheap plastic suitcases, that tend to break fast. But I prefer transport bags, they never failed me, no weather, not tearing, nothing. Depends on person, you have to be a bit sporty to carry 2 x 25kg transport bags + 10kg hand luggage.

Back