Fabricated Argentina Vs. Usa

The over-arching lesson is that there is a lot of over-personalisation of politics here and elsewhere, and we expats seem to fall right into line with it, obsessing over manichaean images of leaders instead of actually looking at issues objectively.

How can Obama "dismantle" something the US has never had? Does expanded medical care (including low- or no-cost Medicaid for the poor in many states, except for those that prefer to let them suffer and die) constitute "dismantling" the "welfare state?" It seems you also may be over-personalizing politics.

Agreed Ed.
Trouble is, I always have this desire to kick her up the rear end, give her a shake and tell her to put a sock in it, regardless of what the press say.

Due to my weak stomach, I don't usually listen to politicians' ramblings (be they by Ms Kirchner, Mr Obama, or anyone else), but your post piqued my curiosity, so I just read the speech from yesterday and I couldn't find where she even mentioned the US or its people. I then tortured myself further by watching her speech from the day after the SC ruling, and again I saw nothing against the Obama government or the US in general.

Ed, I never have anything to say on this forum anymore because you always beat me to it...

I feel however that the general public will buy into this anti-USA rhetoric and could actually make things difficult for expats.

I am Argentinean, I believe Cristina being a president of 40 millions persons should watch her worlds when talking about other country like the US, these are one of the main reasons why I am not fond of this government.

I would classify Arg according to US believes into these groups according to the amount of persons (just an opinion, with not bad intention since I see comments about about Arg. too):

- Neutral (I consider myself there, I believe there are good and bad things like everywhere, I met very nice persons from the US, and also people not so fancy )
- Not fond of the US (this group will dislike the US, for many diverse reasons or may be just because the US is leading the world now, and historically this happens, the country with a high influence in the world can be disliked, however this group will try to be kind to some extent, not a real threat)
- Fond of the US, persons who are fond of the US, and everything the US does should be done. ( I see that there might be other countries like Finland that could be doing things better than the US now, betting for a better quality of life / education / open source technologies / etc., this is why I don't consider myself in this group)
- US Haters just because somebody is born in the US (this group I believe is small fortunately, and in general does not live in the same places where expats live).
- In-conditionally US Lovers (I think the group is very small in ARG if exists, since not even an american expat might love the US in-conditionally).

I believe the big majority will be either neutral / Fond of the US / Not fond of the US but kind and in general it should not be a problem for an american Expat, unless you go a very dangerous zone where Americans do not go in general.

Cristina won the elections with a 50% in the past, but the fact IMHO, and because of things I read around, just a 30% was fond of Cristina and somehow also fond of the anti US thought (but not a threat in general), the rest voted for Cristina because considered the other candidates even worse for diverse reasons. So then, most likely I believe there might be a 30% who was in general is Not Fond of the US and bought the government rhetoric in the past. Now, I believe this 30% is not believing in Cristina's words, and will ignore what she says, I actually believe this 30% will actually divide into other parties and will keep its anti US thoughts regardless of what Cristina says.

Regarding to the Vulture funds (called this way in the financial environment) I believe most of the Argentineans don't consider them as something with good values, regardless of their thought about Cristina or the US. Myself, I believe that speculators always find a way to receive more $ than the honest bondholders/stock market holders/etc . (For instance what occurred in Peru) and this does not work for the progress of the world. Also in many countries I believe that a corrupt class keeps with the $ and then the working class pays for the debts.

He's not a Nazi, just a Thatcherite who likes to sell shit to his mates in the city for knock down prices. (see Royal Mail and the constant threat to the NHS)

Do you know why is Germany ahead from the rest of the EU and flourishing.?
They saw it coming, bought everything Thatcher offered for cents on a Dollar, thus becoming the prime mover of Europe!

Yes, people are stupid enough to believe most of what they hear. I have relatives in the US who are certain Obama is a Muslim and was not born in the US. They also believe that pretty much anyone from the Middle East (and anyone who wears a turban) must be a terrorist.

Stupidity really has no bounds.

We must be related! :)

We must be related! :)
Hmmm, but Mr. Obama does really speak the lingo with the pitch and melody changes in his intonation as many Oakland brothers known to me. I really enjoy listening to his talks all the time,albeit he being moslim and all.!

Hmmm, but Mr. Obama does really speak the lingo with the pitch and melody changes in his intonation as many Oakland brothers known to me. I really enjoy listening to his talks all the time,albeit he being moslim and all.!

Funny, he sounds Hawaiian to me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSBI3n18-6M

Back