Fall of the Republic | The Presidency of Barack Obama

mini said:
Are you going to over throw YOUR government or is the plan to over throw the US government. Which one of my governmentS would you like me over throw?

How many governments do you have to overthrow? This thread is about Obama, so isn't it pretty obvious I was referring to the U.S?

gouchobob said:
It doesn't have anything to do with anything except for the cranks and crazies that appear to have taken over this site in recent days. Frankly its getting a bit tiresome, to find anything of value here you have to wade through piles of crap that are getting higher by the day. Anyone visiting this site recently would conclude that B.A. is full of loonies. Actually I strongly suspect most of these people have never set foot in Argentina. Perhaps they will tire of posting if no one pays them any attention which is what they seem to crave.

bob your posts are truly hilarious.....you bring up every possible subject EXCEPT addressing any of the issues that are brought to light.....all you can do is demonize, poke fun at, call people crazy, cast aspersions...etc.

whether or not ppl have been to argentina should have nothing to do whatsoever with their political views. i did not realize that being physically in argentina was a prerequisite for having an opinion on world politics.

again, you are using that tired old ad hominem argument of attacking the speaker instead of tackling the issues.

if you really did not want to give attention to certain people then why post about it? are you not doing EXACTLY what you said not to do?

did anyone ever notice how it´s always white American (incognito usually) men who feel threatened by Obama...
they have lost control of their lives and it´s somebody else´s fault...they can´t possibly admit it was one of them that did them in.

anger like that is chasing some of us white women out of the USA into places like BA; though I still am in the due diligence phase to see if those angry here (vs. peronists) are bearable. (sic?)

this is really not a political site.. can we try to put a little civility into this ex-pat haven?

orwellian said:
How many governments do you have to overthrow? This thread is about Obama, so isn't it pretty obvious I was referring to the U.S?

I'd have to overthrow three govt's if I were to overthrow "MY government", two of which I find no reason whatsoever to do such at thing & the other, well, I can't be bothered! ;)

But I find it strange that you are advocating overthrowing a gov't that is not your own. As you keep saying "your" gov't I assume you are not a US citizen. Isn't that what people complain about the US, that they meddle in the affairs of other countries. To me it sounds slightly hypocritical.

Carolina Girl said:
did anyone ever notice how it´s always white American (incognito usually) men who feel threatened by Obama...

When you don't have any arguments you can always call your adversary a racist. It's not that opponents feel threatened by Obama, it's that his is no better than Bush. He is in fact a puppet working for the same people as Bush. Why don't you download the documentary and watch it for yourself?

mini said:
I'd have to overthrow three govt's if I were to overthrow "MY government", two of which I find no reason whatsoever to do such at thing & the other, well, I can't be bothered! ;)

But I find it strange that you are advocating overthrowing a gov't that is not your own. As you keep saying "your" gov't I assume you are not a US citizen. Isn't that what people complain about the US, that they meddle in the affairs of other countries. To me it sounds slightly hypocritical.

You said: "But there are certainly a bunch of things that need to be changed. Please tell us what we need to do. I'm looking for an action plan."

I answered your question, how is that being hypocritical?

And what other 2 governments would that be? Care to enlighten me?

orwellian said:
You said: "But there are certainly a bunch of things that need to be changed. Please tell us what we need to do. I'm looking for an action plan."

I answered your question, how is that being hypocritical?

You just don't get it do you? You want to overthrown & infiltrate a gov't that is not your own & you think this is normal? Basically you are advocating the same thing you say the US is "evil" for But I understand that you don't see that as a problem. Because you believe you are right.

And what other 2 governments would that be? Care to enlighten me?

Why is your knowing my nationalities be part of your "enlightenment"? Your "enlightenment" is your own personal journey and has nothing to do with me.

mini said:
You just don't get it do you? You want to overthrown & infiltrate a gov't that is not your own & you think this is normal? Basically you are advocating the same thing you say the US is "evil" for But I understand that you don't see that as a problem. Because you believe you are right.

I suggest you read my posts again. I clearly stated that I only answered your question. And I suggested YOU should overthrow your government, not me.

mini said:
Why is your knowing my nationalities be part of your "enlightenment"? Your "enlightenment" is your own personal journey and has nothing to do with me.

en·light·en (n-ltn)
tr.v. en·light·ened, en·light·en·ing, en·light·ens
2. To give information to; inform or instruct.

You sure you are American and your first language is English?

Carolina Girl said:
they have lost control of their lives and it´s somebody else´s fault...they can´t possibly admit it was one of them that did them in.

anger like that is chasing some of us white women out of the USA into places like BA; though I still am in the due diligence phase to see if those angry here (vs. peronists) are bearable. (sic?)

this is really not a political site.. can we try to put a little civility into this ex-pat haven?

But it is the "World Politics" niche. Anyway your post reminds me of something I want to ask all Obama bashers (and remember, I'm not pro Obama, I'm not pro any politician):

Would it be ANY better under Mc Cain? How?

It would probably be the same but with even more animosity towards the US.

orwellian said:
I suggest you read my posts again. I clearly stated that I only answered your question. And I suggested YOU should overthrow your government, not me.

Semantics. Like I said, people (including you) get upset when the US tells others to over throw their gov'ts. You can protest all you want. What you are doing is the same thing. Or maybe I should just say "you just don't get it do you".

en·light·en (n-ltn)

You sure you are American and your first language is English?

You've just listed the second definition, what's the first? What you just did was to manipulate information to suit your own purposes. Nice work!

en·light·en (ěn-līt'n)
1. To give spiritual or intellectual insight to: "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppression of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day" (Thomas Jefferson).

mini said:
Semantics. Like I said, people (including you) get upset when the US tells others to over throw their gov'ts. You can protest all you want. What you are doing is the same thing. Or maybe I should just say "you just don't get it do you".

You asked for an action plan, I gave you one. If you didn't want my answer, you shouldn't have asked the question. And the U.S don't tell other countries to overthrow their governments, they actively participate. Do you see the difference?

mini said:
You've just listed the second definition, what's the first? What you just did was to manipulate information to suit your own purposes. Nice work!

en·light·en (ěn-līt'n)
1. To give spiritual or intellectual insight to: "Enlighten the people generally, and tyranny and oppression of body and mind will vanish like evil spirits at the dawn of day" (Thomas Jefferson).

A word can have many meanings, do I have to spell that out for you? You didn't answer my question: Is English your first language? If it is, it's embarrassing that I have to teach you how to use your own language.

Back