Family with young children moving to BA

Sinjico

Registered
Hi, we are a family with 2 small children (ages 7 and 1) and we will be moving to BA pretty soon. Our oldest will go to Lincoln, and my husband will work in Nunez. We are looking at houses in Boating and San Isidro since I want to be close to the school but in a "barrio cerrado" We are fully bilingual (except for the 1 year old, of course), so we don't have a problem living around Argentinians only.
Our number one priority is safety, since we live in a very safe neighborhood in the US. (I mean it, so safe sometimes it's boring). We are from a big city and have lived in NY and Chicago, but with small children we prefer the quietness and safety of a gated community. My big question here is: How would be commuting from Nordelta to Lincoln. I'm not really worried about hubby, just don't want my 7 year old to spend hours in the bus.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

The kids I nannied for who went to Lincoln were picked up and taken to school by a driver, so the commute wasn't too bad.

They went from Palermo and it took about 30-40 minutes depending on traffic, I'd imagine from Nordelta it would be around 45 or so.

Hi, we are a family with 2 small children (ages 7 and 1) and we will be moving to BA pretty soon. Our oldest will go to Lincoln, and my husband will work in Nunez. We are looking at houses in Boating and San Isidro since I want to be close to the school but in a "barrio cerrado" We are fully bilingual (except for the 1 year old, of course), so we don't have a problem living around Argentinians only.
Our number one priority is safety, since we live in a very safe neighborhood in the US. (I mean it, so safe sometimes it's boring). We are from a big city and have lived in NY and Chicago, but with small children we prefer the quietness and safety of a gated community. My big question here is: How would be commuting from Nordelta to Lincoln. I'm not really worried about hubby, just don't want my 7 year old to spend hours in the bus.
Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated.
From friends who live in Nordelta I can say they really hate the commute. Some have gotten small flats in microcentro to stay some nights and avoid it. But you may consider other schools in the san isidro /tigre area which are highly billingual like St Andrews ( and not very religious). I believe a lot of great schools now have expanded to Tigre to serve the Nordelta communities. Check that out in case it helps.

Back