Far-Right Libertarian Wins Argentina’s Presidential Primary

It's funny that you believe this when there are literally communists who run against them. Peronism is a third way ideology that's closer to state capitalism and fascism more than anything else, Ks are just the less homophobic and antisemitic version of Peronism compared to Perón.

This scene from The Office sums up how I feel everytime I see someone call the Ks communists or far left or anything other than "progressive" peronism:

View attachment 8941

What about Cristina and Alberto? Do you find them creepy?
Anyway I don't think Trump is a factor or should even be mentioned in the Argentine context. Milei is libertarian leaning, more than Trump, and the situation in Argentina is not the same as the US political scene.

Yes. They are all creepy in a way.

It's funny that you believe this when there are literally communists who run against them. Peronism is a third way ideology that's closer to state capitalism and fascism more than anything else, Ks are just the less homophobic and antisemitic version of Peronism compared to Perón.

This scene from The Office sums up how I feel everytime I see someone call the Ks communists or far left or anything other than "progressive" peronism:

View attachment 8941
Obviously Communism is even more extreme. That does not negate the term 'Far-Left' but my point is that the term "Far RIght" is very freely tossed about, without the slightest nuance.

no , i do not believe that is true.He will gut education, healthcare and advocate for guns!!! that is certainly not
Changes in how education is funded need to be made. Congress is not going to eliminate free primary and secondary education however the topic of free state universities is not new. A lot of people are not happy that free university education is available to non-citizens. Argentina cannot afford this - and it's not unreasonable to charge a modest fee for citizens who CAN pay. Healthcare is a more sensitive area because free hospitals are almost entirely used by the poor. Milei cannot abandon free public hospitals however some fees can be charged, especially for non-citizens. Guns? Is this really likely to be a campaign issue? I very much doubt it. If it ever gets to the point at which Milei is a serious preidential candidate, he will have to modify his views. Ruling out any reform to public spending, however, defeats the whole objective of setting Argentina on a viable ecomnomic course. If, however, Milei's campaign does get serious and if he doesn't advocate a plan that is not extremist, we will know that he is either a dreamer or not serious.

What about Cristina and Alberto? Do you find them creepy?
Anyway I don't think Trump is a factor or should even be mentioned in the Argentine context. Milei is libertarian leaning, more than Trump, and the situation in Argentina is not the same as the US political scene.
Trump is actually more of a Peronist.

As for Milei, he will have limited effectiveness, since he will not control the congress. I still have to doubt that he'll win, but the numbers look very promising - 30% in the paso, 27% for the other right of center parties who will never vote for Kirchner, how does he lose other than people sitting the vote out like they did for Kast in Chile?

This is going to be wild.

Trump is actually more of a Peronist.

As for Milei, he will have limited effectiveness, since he will not control the congress. I still have to doubt that he'll win, but the numbers look very promising - 30% in the paso, 27% for the other right of center parties who will never vote for Kirchner, how does he lose other than people sitting the vote out like they did for Kast in Chile?

This is going to be wild.
Trump is a criminal, a grifter and he cares for no one.

Back