Fbi Report For Rentista

TruchoTango

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I am new to the forum.

I am pursuing residency in Argentina, via the Rentista designation.

I am having difficulty ascertaining the exact FBI report that I need.

There are several. I have the fingerprints and am ready, except for the proper form.

Would anyone know exactly which FBI form I need?

Thanks a mil. Abrazos.

Thanks a mil amigos.

Thing is, the report that was linked by camel costs $18. A buddy of mine, who has retained an attorney and is seeking ciudadania, paid $54 and change for his. He swears that the $54 report is the one I need. I am not sure.

So I am wondering if the discrepancy in price reflects a different report or what?

Don't forget the report must be "authenticated" or "certified" by the US State Department. They apparently do not perform the apostille but the authentication by the State Department is apparently acceptable to Argentine migraciones.

Thanks a mil amigos.

Thing is, the report that was linked by camel costs $18. A buddy of mine, who has retained an attorney and is seeking ciudadania, paid $54 and change for his. He swears that the $54 report is the one I need. I am not sure.

So I am wondering if the discrepancy in price reflects a different report or what?

If he went through a channeler, it could be $54. That's normal, the channelers are faster and generally more convenient.

Thanks a mil camel. I'm sending the form in for the link you provided tomorrow.

I am also grateful to steveinbas who corrected my friend, in that a birth certificate is not needed for residencia. This will save me time and money.

Thanks guys.

No problem. If you're doing it for residency, once you receive it from the FBI, you'll have to send it in to the State Dept. to have it Apostilled, by sending in Form DS-4194 with around $8 -
http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/legal-considerations/judicial/authentication-of-documents/apostille-requirements.html

I'm back.

When I first began this process, I visited an argentine attorney that specializes in yanqui immigration. At the urging of some argentine friends, I decided to go this alone.

But the argentine attorney told me I would need a letter from my brokerage firm indicating that, through dividends and interest, I earn more than $1,000 per month. And I will contiue to do so for the next 12 months.

I am now bickering with my brokerage. They want to write this letter in weak fashion, with all sorts of caveats and qualifications. I want the letter as strong as possible.

Does anyone have any suggestions for:

- wording of this letter; and

- how to handle the brokerage so they comply more readily?

Thanks.

Back