Fear? What do you think are some of the worst things that will happen with F&F in government?

1567100389650.png

Nice, it took exactly 6 minutes from registration to make your first post, about such a controversial topic. Totally normal!

The country may be saved from the flaming spiral it is in. Serious damage has been done during the Macri period and recovery will take a long while if it is possible. F an F will not be creating the problems. They will be trying to stop the bleeding first, and then address the wounds, fractures, etc.
Are you nuts?

One thing that I don't find so impressive right now is the amount of dollars/foreign reserves that are being wasted propping up the peso. The government obviously wants to protect people's savings and - they hope - try to make it to the second round, but Argentina's position, it seems to me that this money is wasted trying to shore up the peso. Of course, many people feel such a use of the funds is legitimate because of the greater good of keeping Fernandez and Kirchner out, and also believe that if they left the money to the new government, it would just be wasted on domestic spending.

Still, shoring up the peso instead of keeping the money in reserve seems like obviously bad governance.

Pierre:
You wrote that "Shoring up the peso instead of keeping the money in reserve seems like . . . bad governance." Yes, but. I served once as the treasurer for a non profit organizations of lawyers. The organization was perennially broke, and the year I was treasurer, we managed to have a surplus of a few thousand dollars. In the last board of directors meeting, the president was proud of leaving that surplus to the next administration. I asked him what he thought the next president would do with that money? He answered that most likely he would give away to some worthy cause and make himself look like a hero. So, I recommended that he be smart, and give away the money first. Why make the next guy the hero when you can be the one? Maybe bad governance, but smart politics! I am sure Machiavelli would agree with that!

You are too concern about FF when the President is MM and he has about 75 days to destroy everything. He already defaulted and seems that IMF is not going to send the 5 billion usd he needs to avoid hiperinflacion.

Back