Fee for leaving country

expatshusband

Registered
Hello, everyone! I have a question that I hope someone here could answer. My wife is an American citizen and she's currently staying in Bs. As., but she needs to return to the US and hee tourist visa is expired. I read online that she has to pay a fee to be let on the plane and I was wondering if she would be able to pay that fee at the airport, or if we need to go to Migraciones and pay there. I dont want her to stress too much at the airport, so if there's a chance to have it all sorted out before her flight I would rather do that. Should we go to the oficina central in Retiro? Thank you for reading!

These threads might help you:

You can pay in advance at Migraciones on Av. Antartida. They only accept cash.
Show up without an appointment. Line up at the RIGHT SIDE of the entrance. Tell the guy there "tengo que pagar la multa por tener una visa vencida." He will tell you where to go in Spanish. If you don't understand, here's some directions:

Pass through the first entrance, then you'll probably need to line up at the entrance to the first building. Once you've entered the first building, walk straight through it and exit to the RIGHT. This puts you in a large courtyard. In this courtyard, you want to go to the largest building in the back. The guy at the entrance will tell you where to go too if this doesn't make sense to you.

There you go to the LEFT, take a number, you wait, and pay your fine in cash. THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CARD. Bring 30k+ at least in cash to be safe, the price is always changing. They give you a receipt valid for 7 days that you present to the migration official when going thru migrations to board your flight.

If you don't leave within 7 days, you have to go back and pay the fine again.

You can also do this in EZE on the day but to reduce stress it's better to get it done early.

You can pay in advance at Migraciones on Av. Antartida. They only accept cash.
Show up without an appointment. Line up at the RIGHT SIDE of the entrance. Tell the guy there "tengo que pagar la multa por tener una visa vencida." He will tell you where to go in Spanish. If you don't understand, here's some directions:

Pass through the first entrance, then you'll probably need to line up at the entrance to the first building. Once you've entered the first building, walk straight through it and exit to the RIGHT. This puts you in a large courtyard. In this courtyard, you want to go to the largest building in the back. The guy at the entrance will tell you where to go too if this doesn't make sense to you.

There you go to the LEFT, take a number, you wait, and pay your fine in cash. THEY DO NOT ACCEPT CARD. Bring 30k+ at least in cash to be safe, the price is always changing. They give you a receipt valid for 7 days that you present to the migration official when going thru migrations to board your flight.

If you don't leave within 7 days, you have to go back and pay the fine again.

You can also do this in EZE on the day but to reduce stress it's better to get it done early.
Thank you so much for the detailed walkthrough! I thought you had to pay the fee at Banco Nación and then come back to Av Antartida and show them the receipt, I'm glad to know I can just pay there.

Back