Fee for sending money home?

CarverFan

Registered
A friend asked me to post this query to those who have recently transferred money out. TIA...

Has anyone transferred money home lately? I want to wire money, after a closing, to my US account. In 2007, the bank charged 1.5%. Now, my bank is charging 5%!! Does anyone have a recommendation?

The only thing I can say is good luck to your friend trying to get the money out of the country.

All I will say is that there are private financial institutions operating as brokers etc who will transfer the money as a fake bond/stock purchase and charge you 1-2% depending on amounts involved but this is too illegal and activity to be shared in detail via this forum. Yours coworkers, friends, family etc must know someone who does this and recommendation is key as this is a high trust operation as there is no legal redress if they decide to pocket your funds. It worked for us many times but that's not to say the transfer of the house proceeds didnt keep us awake until we saw the numbers hitting our foreign account!

Back