Feliz Cinco De Mayo Y Dia De Independencia!

In honor of Cinco de Mayo.

Hoqqjw5.jpg

YEAAHH mmmm so... who's with me on the milanesas agaisnt the evil frijoles war??need to know my allies :huh:

edit. To be part of the alliance you don't need to like milanesas,just hate frijoles!

YEAAHH mmmm so... who's with me on the milanesas agaisnt the evil frijoles war??need to know my allies :huh:

The real estate office around the corner from us, which has a lot of Mexican employees, provides the neighborhood a free taco-fest on 5 de Mayo.

Come onnn people i'm fighting two fronts now!! frijoles and tacos!!!!!!damn damn the damn tacos!!!!

The tacos (which never included frijoles) sold by the "street" vendor at the corner of the plaza is one of the few things I miss about Sayulita (where I lived in Mexico).

Say what you will about frijoles, (one of nature's most perfect foods), the battle of Puebla was an epic fight. And one of the very, very few examples in history of irregulars defeating regulars in a set-piece battle. Because the French had only limited supplies of gunpowder, it was fought mostly with cold steel, French bayonets against Mexican machetes.

Oddly enough, Cinco de Mayo is more celebrated in Alta California than it is in Mexico, where it's regarded as a relatively minor holiday.

Back