Feliz Cinco De Mayo Y Dia De Independencia!

By the way, 5 de Mayo IS NOT Mexico Independence Day (it is in September),but the celebration of a battle against French Foreign Legion troops at Puebla in 1862.
The frenchies were supporting Austrian- born Emperor Maximiliano. Then in 1867 they captured him at Queretaro and shot him.
And here, Independence Day is actually July 9th!!

Oh, and camberiu? It was the Aztecs, not the Mayans.

The Yucatan peninsula is in Guatemala, although Mexico does claim it.

Oh, and camberiu? It was the Aztecs, not the Mayans.

The Yucatan peninsula is in Guatemala, although Mexico does claim it.
Yanquis have a genetic deficiency that prevent them from understanding basic geography.

Most of the Yucatan is in Mexico:

map-central_america_it.gif

By the way, 5 de Mayo IS NOT Mexico Independence Day (it is in September),but the celebration of a battle against French Foreign Legion troops at Puebla in 1862.
The frenchies were supporting Austrian- born Emperor Maximiliano. Then in 1867 they captured him at Queretaro and shot him.
And here, Independence Day is actually July 9th!!

If you reread the fist post of this thread, you'll see that I consider cinco de mayo MY independence day from Mexico...as it was the day I arrived in Argentina for the first time, after being stuck (by real estate) in Mexico for over five years.

Yanquis have a genetic deficiency that prevent them from understanding geography. Most of the Yucatan is in Mexico:

map-central_america_it.gif

None of the peninsula is in Guatemala, but some of it's in Belize (which both Mexico and Guatemala claim) - Irrendentismo para Todos!).

woops! that's what I get for speaking from memory, without double-checking first.

my bad

Back