Feria de Mataderos

Roxana

Registered
Hi,
There is a beautiful market, open on Sundays and Holidays called La Feria de Mataderos. It has folk art, folk music, dance and food and this weekend will be performances of indigenous people of Argentina. It is located in Capital Federal, although a little far away from the touristic neighbourhoods. It is located in Mataderos, the former meat packaging district at Avenida de los Corrales. You can find more info at www.feriademataderos.com.ar. It is open from 11 to 8 pm.

Hello All,

Yes I have enjoyed the market at Mataderos quite a few times. Last Sunday was the last feria of this year. It will open again in January (I am not completely sure about the date, but I believe it is something like January 22nd). It will move to Saturdays from 5pm-1am due to the heat.

Suerte,
ida

It's indeed an excellent place, off the path of the usual touristic circuit.

I recommend it to buy food products : excellent olive oil, "salami Armenio" (some kind of tiny salami, sweet/spicy), cheeses, etc... Excellent prices on those products (the olive oil I bought there was one of the best I ever found in BA)

I went recently and didnt like it at all. It was Ok, but not special. I took the bus from Plaza Italia, had to walk 8 blocks under the sun (the shorter way wasnt good because it was bordering a slum). The Feria de Mataderos looked big, but a little messy, and the performances were amateurs.

I have to mention I went with a group of tourist who loved the place.

When I was leaving the Feria, saw "Club Social Nueva Chicago" where people were dancing tango old fashion style, not at the for export style, that was really very nice to watch.

Back