Feria de Mataderos

Magis

Registered
Went to the Feria de Mataderos this past Sunday and it was relatively easy to get there. Mataderos is a street fair that is mostly visited by portenos. I initially heard about it from one of my language professor. I was not disappointed. Here is an external link for what the fair is like and history behind it:

http://www.travel-with-pen-and-palate-argentina.com/feriademataderos.html

There is great food, dancing, and awesome outdoor kiosks selling everything from wine and dulce de leche to guitars. They also put on an impressive gaucho/horse show during the mid-afternoon.

There are a couple of ways to get to Mataderos. One option(cheapest) is to take the bus from selected spots throughout the city. One bus leaves from Plaza Italia, one leaves from Retiro. Not wanting to take a bus or to take a direct taxi from the city center. I elected to take the subte and then a short 5-10min minute taxi ride from the subway stop to the fair.

Get on the E line. We got on at the Bolivar stop located outside of Casa Rosada in Plaza de Mayo. Take the subte to the last stop "Plaza de los Virreyes" Leave the station and cross the street to the taxi stand and take a taxi to "La Feria de Mataderos." It takes 5-10 minutes and costs 20 pesos.

Hope you enjoy!

Even easier: take the A subway line to its very end (Carabobo station),then a short bus ride on Line 55.
Also you can take bus line 126 and 92 from Retiro, line 180 from Caballito, line 155 (Marked as 180 ramal 155), line 80 from Liniers or Gral Paz Av, line 63 from Cabildo ( Belgrano), etc.

How is two trips easier than one?? You might have said "quicker", in some cases, but certainly not easier. :confused:

take it easy, tony! (you're lucky I like your blog!)
:)
Sometimes 2 trips are easier than one. I know what he's saying. I could have easily taken 1 bus and waited for it to arrive and then waited for it to stop at every stop until the feria but I preferred having an entire subway car to myself and the actual enjoyment of riding a subway over a bus.

Not often you get a subway car to yourself, or even a seat. And I'd pity anyone to ride the subway once the warmer weather hits, warm enough now in the middle of winter. Personally I'd always prefer a ride where I can watch the city streets as I'm traveling to a new part of the city rather than popping up somewhere.

And "Tony"??

Back