Fernández will extend the quarantine another two weeks?

I'm overseas waiting for a flight from Europe. I have permanent residency however at this rate I'll be here for months.. The government has abandoned it's citizens abroad. There is an intelligent way to bring people back without a blanket ban shut down. Incompetence on a high level.

Have a few flights a day, do the testing/monitor and enforce quartintine. Not so hard, every other country is managing.

Argentinos abandon one another, it's what they do. Dog eat dog country.

Certainly looks like it the way this is being handled... For a country that supposedly supports open borders and migration they are suddenly being extremely hypocritical in the treatment of their own people...

New article on batimes gives some real hint at the quarantine ending in some way next Sunday the 12th.

I'm reading this as good indication that it will be the general public that will be given some exceptions since certain groups have already been added to the exceptions (https://www.pagina12.com.ar/257217-cuarentena-cuales-son-las-ocho-nuevas-actividades-excluidas)
But maybe that's just wishful thinking. Anyone else have an opinion?

My opinion is that as soon as the quarantine is relaxed, infections are going to jump. And if this happens, which I think it will, it will be back to square one again ... back into isolation. Why do I think this? Well, there are a good number of infections (And increasing.) for a nationwide quarantine situation already. As soon as public transport gets some volume again and other places of public congregation see foot traffic in conjunction with the cooler weather ... it spells a recipe for disaster. I HOPE I AM WRONG - BUT I THINK I AM RIGHT.

I'm overseas waiting for a flight from Europe. I have permanent residency however at this rate I'll be here for months.. The government has abandoned it's citizens abroad. There is an intelligent way to bring people back without a blanket ban shut down. Incompetence on a high level.

Have a few flights a day, do the testing/monitor and enforce quartintine. Not so hard, every other country is managing.

There were 2 weeks of rescue flights, what exactly was everyone doing during that time? Enjoying their holiday a bit more?

Now the government should save them because they just had to go to Disneyworld a few more times rather than come home when it was being offered and advertised?

What a joke.

I'm married to an Argentinian.
How did you manage not to know them better, then?

On second thought, please forgive me for doubting that is true. No one married to an Argentinian could fail to see the strength of family relationships and old friendships.
That is, unless you have managed to marry the one Argentinian incapable of such strong bonds. If that's the case, my sincere condolences.

Last edited:
Back