Fernández will extend the quarantine another two weeks?

7 April 2020 at 22.29hs
Fernández has already decided...Coronavirus in Argentina: the quarantine will last until Thursday 23 and will be less flexible than expected

8 April 2020
The President announced that the quarantine will be stricter in the Federal Capital and in Greater Buenos Aires

....If the coronavirus curve grows in geometric progression at Easter, Alberto Fernández will not hesitate to extend the quarantine until May and will apply great caution when including new exceptions in phase III of the confinement against the pandemic....

Last edited:
(from the article
Si la curva continúa aplanada -es decir, sin un salto exponencial-,
Apparently "aplanar" is not "flatten" anymore. The curve can still grow, but not exponentially.

In any case, let's take a look at the picture

covid_arg.png

Do you think that the curve is flattened? Grows exponentially? Grows in geometric progression?

What the heck court astrologers are looking for?

According to a piece in iProfessional, the epidemic is expected to peak the last week in May, with social distancing required to the end of June or August.

A harsh winter lies ahead.

(from the article

Apparently "aplanar" is not "flatten" anymore. The curve can still grow, but not exponentially.

In any case, let's take a look at the picture

View attachment 6795

Do you think that the curve is flattened? Grows exponentially? Grows in geometric progression?

What the heck court astrologers are looking for?

That graphic is more useful if you compare it with Spain. Even this graphic is old, we have 60 deaths.4A56D8B4-8A73-477C-A99F-6840AEB79F69.jpeg:

One of the issues that may start to emerge for some expats, as the goverment gradually increases the number of occupations that can obtain quarantine exemption, is whether those us who are not here under an employment contract will ever find a category that we fit into and that enables us to obtain the exemption and then circulate freely. Without an exemption, which I gather is obtained online and then can be proven via one's cell phone, we are presumably at risk of being stopped and potentially detained for breaching the quarantine.

.....we are presumably at risk of being stopped and potentially detained for breaching the quarantine.
I do not understand your concern re: potentially being detained for breaching the quarantine if you are out without having a "permit". There are no restrictions for going to a pharmacy, a medical/dental office, a bank, a take-out food place, a bakery, a chain supermarket store, a fruit/veggie store, or a hardware store. These types of businesses are open because they are deemed "essential" by the DNU. I go out walking every day for a couple of hours. I carry a grocery bag and shop in different neighborhoods. I pass police persons at every corner. I have yet to be stopped and/or questioned by any of them.

My concern is that we are not supposed to be going out walking for two hours every day. I understand the idea of the quarantine is that we go straight to the nearest shop or pharmacy and then straight home. We can take the risk of wandering for longer and disguising ourselves as shoppers (I have done that once or twice myself), but it is precisely that: a risk.

It is hard to see how those of us here who are not working in Argentina's formal employment sectors ever gain access to the formal exemption that all those business owners you describe have obtained and is what enables them to go out every day and open their shops etc.

In summary: doing what you describe (and what I too have done on occasion) is (unless I am mistaken) against the quarantine and we should be aware of that when we do it and be prepared to face the consequences. I struggle to see a scenario when that risk completely disappears-- nobody in the government is going to ask themselves: now, what about all those expats who are living here but aren't here working, when do we let them obtain the approval to roam free?

Back