Fibertel getting slow

orwellian

Registered
Anyone else having the same problem that it's slower than normally. It's been bad now for a couple of weeks but it seems like it's getting worse, not better. What DNS servers are you guys utilizing?

I have fibertel at work. It's been the same for me. But I don't have any sort of hardcore usage at work. I check email, facebook & listen to podcast & online radio, ie no downloads or streaming video.

Best thing you can do is changing your ISP right now, since Fibertel will be shut down anyway!

Yeah, yesterdays Fibertel speeds were best described as glacial. I eventually gave up and tethered my iPad via my Android 3g. Not always the fastest....but yeterday it was much faster than Fibertel.

If you feel your signal is slowing. do a speed check :

http://www.speedtest.net/

If you are receiving less bandwidth than you are paying for. Call Fibertel, they will send a tech to check the " amplifier ".

It is a small grey box that is located in most if not all new buildings. They will check the speeds and if there is an issue, they will adjust your speed at the amplifier.

Usually this takes about 24 hours between the time you call and the tech adjusts your speed.

Haven't noticed any difference out here in the suburbs - perhaps it's a downtown problem.

Aerodynamite said:
Best thing you can do is changing your ISP right now, since Fibertel will be shut down anyway!

Constructive comment...

My Fibertel has been working fine, sometimes it gets a little bit slower at peak times, but nothing more than usual. I check it every so often with Speedtest.net and as long as I am testing using a local testing server I am above 3 Megs, and when I test with Chicago I am usually right at 3 Megs, just like I want it.

As far as Fibertel being shutdown and changing your IP, I would say put a hold on that. There has already been one case that has ruled in favor of the rights of the client's of Fibertel, and I am sure we will be seeing more soon:

http://www.pagina12.com.ar/diario/economia/2-152164-2010-08-28.html

Back