Filing US taxes

SaraSara said:
You might try phoning the American consulate before splurging for FedEx. Perhaps there is some kind of arrangement to ferry tax returns before April 14th.

The US embassy does not provide such a service, but they do have forms.

http://argentina.usembassy.gov/federal__state_income_taxes.html

Those individuals who owe US taxes are individually responsible to file, either on line or by mail (including FedEX or UPS, etc.).

I have used taxactonline.com.

There was no charge to file the federal returns...and I was able to file the state return for free as well on the (IL) state website.

orwellian said:
Do you Americans know that the federal income tax is unconstitutional and that there is no law that requires you to file it?

Question: What does this have to do with my question I posed in this post?

Answer: As usual not a damn thing.

Now if I had asked "why should I have to pay taxes?" or "how can I become a tax protester" then your response would be relevant. But I didn't, which makes your response irrelevant.

Thank you to EVERYONE ELSE who gave me such helpful responses!

markbsas said:
Question: What does this have to do with my question I posed in this post?

Answer: As usual not a damn thing.

Now if I had asked "why should I have to pay taxes?" or "how can I become a tax protester" then your response would be relevant. But I didn't, which makes your response irrelevant.

Thank you to EVERYONE ELSE who gave me such helpful responses!

It's an interesting side note. You might not think so, but others might.

orwellian said:
It's an interesting side note. You might not think so, but others might.

The argument that taxation is unconstitutional is a tired one, especially when the federal income tax was first instituted by the Progressives at the turn of the last century.

Just about everything else they ever wanted is now on the verge of fruition.

Thanks to the "Modern" Progressives of this century.

steveinbsas said:
The argument that taxation is unconstitutional is a tired one, especially when the federal income tax was first instituted by the Progressives at the turn of the last century.

Just about everything else they ever wanted is now on the verge of fruition.

Thanks to the "Modern" Progressives of this century.

Blaming the left for everything again?

"In order to help pay for its war effort in the American Civil War, the United States government imposed its first personal income tax, on August 5, 1861, as part of the Revenue Act of 1861 "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States#Early_Federal_income_taxes

orwellian said:
Blaming the left for everything again?

"In order to help pay for its war effort in the American Civil War, the United States government imposed its first personal income tax, on August 5, 1861, as part of the Revenue Act of 1861 "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Income_tax_in_the_United_States#Early_Federal_income_taxes

Who said anything about the left?

George Bush and John McCain (just to name two) are modern progressives.

They're just slightly to the right...of self avowed modern progressives like Hillary Clinton.

steveinbsas said:
Who said anything about the left?

George Bush and John McCain (just to name two) are modern progressives.

They're just slightly to the right...

Oh ok, my bad then.

Just go to Taxact.com. You can file, you don't have to buy any software and you can file electronically for less than $10.

orwellian said:
Yeah that is also true, although a few cases people have won against the state. But I wouldn't try it myself as some of them are sent away for years to prison. Pretty fucked up they can send you to prison without it being a crime.

I was totally unaware that people in the usa have took this to court and won and no longer pay income tax. can you please cite your sources.. thanks!

orwellian said:
Yeah that is also true, although a few cases people have won against the state. But I wouldn't try it myself as some of them are sent away for years to prison.

Please quote your sources. Unless, of course this is a personal OPINION presented as a FACT.

Back