Filters Or Delivery For Drinking/cooking Water?

I live in a neighborhood where a water truck comes barreling down the road every few days. I would drink the tap, but we need the purified water for making kefir.

PSA is like a pyramid scheme and they make you change filters very often. I have installed a filter from a German guy and I am very happy with the results. Before it was impossible to drink tap water. It is a double filter system using activated carbon and a special filter to remove heavy metals. He works with many of the big companies who have problems with arsenic in the water. Great thing is that the filter mediums are imported, the refills last for a year, and the plastic cases that house the refills are reusable for as long as one wants. I don't know about the chem specs you mention in detail. He got recommended by a friend (also expats) who has a brewery (so water quality is paramount to him).

We installed our in September for 2400 ARS and it is a white cylinder on the kitchen top. I am waiting for the below-the-sink configuration to be installed soon.
Hello - How can I contact the person selling those filters? Thanks...!

Ivess water is tap water filtered.
Standard filters sucks.
Why do you think you need other source if water.
No3 is 2.5 ppm while until 45 ppm is ok for human consumption.
If you really want to filter the water you need a RO filter.

Anyone else notice a very plastic taste to Ivess water lately? We buy the 1.5L packs and I almost don't want to drink it because of the plastic taste... especially since I'm now pregnant. It tastes like it was left in the sun or in a hot warehouse or truck too long. It's too bad because we've been using them for years. Guess we'll switch to a supermarket brand.

I would prefer to go with a filter, but our water gets shut off often, sometimes has very low pressure, and on occasion comes out brown. I'm not sure I trust a $20 filter to clean it.

Anyone else notice a very plastic taste to Ivess water lately? We buy the 1.5L packs and I almost don't want to drink it because of the plastic taste... especially since I'm now pregnant. It tastes like it was left in the sun or in a hot warehouse or truck too long. It's too bad because we've been using them for years. Guess we'll switch to a supermarket brand.

I would prefer to go with a filter, but our water gets shut off often, sometimes has very low pressure, and on occasion comes out brown. I'm not sure I trust a $20 filter to clean it.

I've had excellent results with a Reverse Osmosis (RO) filter... Look them up...

Back