Finance jobs in BA

Krusty

Registered
Hi Guys,

I am new to this site, but I am in South America and I would like to stay!! I don't have a work visa but I was wondering if it is easy to find jobs in Finance in BA and what kind of salary is the norm there?

I am a qualified chartered accountant with one of the big four firms. Is it easy or as usual, impossible to get a work visa here?

I am actually in Mendoza at the moment and I get to BA at the end of the month (after a nice week in Las lenas this week). Thanks for the info!!

Good luck, I am not familiar with the job market for Finance people here. I know that at least some of the big four firms are represented in B.A. You might try there first or ask them if any of their clients are looking for people. The economy here is not doing great at the present so I would suspect finding this kind of job would be fairly hard.

I'll leave it to someone else to answer the work visa question. It's probably not the easiest thing to obtain but in Argentina there always seems to be ways around the rules.

Some organizations here most notably the government seem more involved in cooking the books, probably not a skill you have acquired up to this point in your career.

A company is going to have to sponsor you to get a work visa (ie contract, etc.) If it's a multi-national company it'll be easier. If it's a small company doing it for the first time (my experience), it is more of a hassle. But to answer the question, you can't just "get" a work visa - you need a company and job first.

BlahBlah said:
And you need to go back to your home country?

What are you asking, BlahBlah? Are you implying the OP needs to return to his home country to apply for the job, or the visa, or what?

I am an active member of this site.

I posted info on a apptment for temporary rental that a friend of a friend has... and it has been over a week an nobody has approved it....
perfectly legit etc....

http://recoletaappartment.blogspot.com/

My question now is are only appt postings
not approved or are all postings that are new awaiting approval????

BlahBlah said:
And you need to go back to your home country?

No. You can apply for the work visa here in Argentina. You don't need to return to your home country.

mini said:
No. You can apply for the work visa here in Argentina. You don't need to return to your home country.

Since when is this like this?

I know companies that pay tickets back to arrange the workvisa.

Back