finding a doctor/podiatrist

kat

Registered
sorry to gross anyone out, but i think i might have an ingrown toenail. my toe really hurts and when i went to the pharmacy, they told me i might need an oral antiobiotic, which would require a doctor's prescription. any suggestions... please?

Kat, sorry to hear about your ingrown nail. Doctor you will need, you really do not want to risk an infection, and antibiotic will make sure of that. In the mean time if you can get a hold of some epsom salt to soak your inflammed toe in that would help a bit and dry thoroughly, and for the mean time avoid closed toe shoes. You do not want to aggravate your toe before seeing a doctor.
And for future use, invest in a very good pedicurist who knows how to remove ingrown nails and do it regularly.As a high heels only kindda of gal, I've had operations done just to have them removed - painful and expensive, so if you take care of them now, you avoid the surgery later.

i was afraid so. any recommendations on doctors in BA? as i don't know the medical system here, i don't know how it works... can i just go to any doctor and pay out of pocket? i'm willing to pay out of pocket in dollars, arg pesos, uruguayan pesos, heck mexican pesos just to feel better. i would like a reliable doctor... should i call up my doctor back in california? this is so embarrassing.
"Grazie" said:
Kat, sorry to hear about your ingrown nail. Doctor you will need, you really do not want to risk an infection, and antibiotic will make sure of that. In the mean time if you can get a hold of some epsom salt to soak your inflammed toe in that would help a bit and dry thoroughly, and for the mean time avoid closed toe shoes. You do not want to aggravate your toe before seeing a doctor.
And for future use, invest in a very good pedicurist who knows how to remove ingrown nails and do it regularly.As a high heels only kindda of gal, I've had operations done just to have them removed - painful and expensive, so if you take care of them now, you avoid the surgery later.

Hello Kat,You can always go to the British Hospital on Perdriel 74. It's rather busy, so call them and make an appointment. If you want, you can pay them in cash. Details:perdriel 74 - Ciudad Autónoma de Buenos Aires, Tel. 4309-6400.
I hope this helps. Wishing a full and speedy recoveryErnie

Back