Finding An Agent Willing To Find Tenants In Capital Federal

PaulBee

Registered
Can anyone by chance recommend an agent interested in renting out apartments in
Capital Federal ? I´ve not had much success to date in finding a serious rental agent.
I suppose most want to focus on sales. My apartments are more or less in the Centro
area of Capital Federal. Thanks for any info.

Its best to avoid real estate agents if you can ..this holds good worldwide. One of the most nasty breed of professionals ever , mankind has ever enocuntered.

Are you talking about long-term or temporary? I know an expat, married to an Argentina, who manage temporary rentals.

Are you talking about long-term or temporary? I know an expat, married to an Argentina, who manage temporary rentals.

I´m referring to a long term rental. A new tenant has just now finally signed a contract, thanks largely to my
property manager getting the ducks in a row despite a completely inept agency. There seem to be many
willing tenants, but few agencies that are serious about rentals.

Rental commissions were less than 4.15% (+VAT) of the rental contract, which equates to about 1.5 months of the rental price. On my long-term rental contract the agency gets A$R 312,50 per month. That is U$20. You need to have a LOT of contacts to make it worth while to handle rentals. Just this month the laws were changed that allows an agency to take up to 2 months of rentals in commissions.

Rental commissions were less than 4.15% (+VAT) of the rental contract, which equates to about 1.5 months of the rental price. On my long-term rental contract the agency gets A$R 312,50 per month. That is U$20. You need to have a LOT of contacts to make it worth while to handle rentals. Just this month the laws were changed that allows an agency to take up to 2 months of rentals in commissions.
Thanks for that explanation. I can see why the best agents wouldn´t have much interest in anything but expensive rentals. Still, it would seem to make more sense for an agency trying to find a tenant, to do it properly and get things done faster. Reluctance to put up a sign, not listing on SOM or CUCICBA, not taking good pics, nor posting good pics which are sent to them, ec. ec. seems to make the job slower.

Some one sent me a message asking why I don´t find a new agent. (Apologies I can´t find that
message now.) I´ve tried several BA agents and none were very effective. I don´t want to exagerate
but it´s pretty lame when a long established agency can´t get some one to post pics in an ad !

When I was able to search for tenants myself, it took much less time to find a tenant than when
I used an agency. (And one of those agencies was a hoity-toity English speaking Barrio Norte
agency.)

May I ask feedback on a specefic question.

So if a rental agent assists you in getting a apartment for 2 years. You pay him his due.

What happens after 2 years - if you are re-renting the same apartment and the landlord wants to go via the the same agent.

Soes the agent charge the whole 'damn' fees again? Especially considering this time its just paper work and no more showing of apartments or doing any leg work? What is the exact law and what is the general practice?

Thank you.

I'll be back in three weeks. Let me know if anyone has an apartment available in Recoleta, Retiro or close to Cervino. No agent needed.

Back