Fines Just Went Up

As in most countries, the motorist is the easiest and most lucrative target, but purely on a selective basis.
You'd probably not see a clapped out Ford Falcon or Renault 12 with its doors missing being stopped down this neck of the woods.

As in most countries, the motorist is the easiest and most lucrative target, but purely on a selective basis.
You'd probably not see a clapped out Ford Falcon or Renault 12 with its doors missing being stopped down this neck of the woods.

Clearly; there's less potential for a cop to extort a lucrative bribe from drivers barely maintaining their cars together, than say a swanky red Porsche.

But the garbage collectors get in on this too. Even when I've properly bagged building-material refuse, the collectors fleeced me for at least 100 pesos for taking out the refuse at "out of schedule" hours - but when it comes to building materials, that can get pretty heavy to manage on ones own.

Don't get me started on 'refuse technicians', especially at Christmas, where they're queueing up to extort money or trying to sell you so called authorised refuse bags.
They don't like me much, let's put it that way.

Don't get me started on 'refuse technicians', especially at Christmas, where they're queueing up to extort money or trying to sell you so called authorised refuse bags.
They don't like me much, let's put it that way.

The week before Xmas we had 4 visits from 4 different refuse technician type people asking for their Xmas tip.

I didnt recognise any of them and I gave them the same story , " Sorry mate I gave the envelope to one of your mates earlier today" No one complained , they jyt walked away.

a quick question...

when can you through out your trash if you never at home from 8pm til 9pm?

a quick question...

when can you through out your trash if you never at home from 8pm til 9pm?

Even on Sunday night? Is there a refuse container on your block? Then ask your neighbor for a favor once a week to handle your food waste bag. The recyclables should be taken to your local Punto Verde (Wed-Sun 11-7pm).
http://www.buenosaires.gob.ar/noticias/empezaron-funcionar-16-nuevos-puntos-verdes

We're supposed to use only the brown recyclable bags with food waste and throw them out when they are full. They're strong enough to hold 5 kilos. It takes me 10-14 days to fill one. I separate the recyclables into a green bag and take it to a Punto Verde once or twice a month. I use four bags a month for garbage.

My neighbors still haven't broken the habit of using plastic bags which they deposit on the sidewalk before 20 hs. They get ripped open and all the garbage is left on the sidewalk for hours to feed the rats and cockroaches. They will never change their habits until either the garbage is left for days and/or they receive fines from the city.

I take the opportunity to speak personally to people. They take the "I don't care" attitude. But when it costs them a fine, maybe they'll change.

I'm considering taking photos with the date and time to make complaints to Comuna 3 and the police. The dog excrement situation on our block in the bike lane and sidewalk isn't improving.

Back