first Buenos Aires Underground Market this saturday

The food looks amazing and i am thrilled to discover that its possible to buy biltong here! As a South African that makes me happy! :)

I went to this market (early luckily) and reckon it was a big success in terms of the variety and quality of the food on offer, though I suspect the people coming later might have been disappointed that after the very long cue they probably found a lot of the purveyors running out of product. Not sure if this is true but I guessed the Independent might underestimate its marketing abilities/ the enthusiasm for alternative foods.

Highlights for me (I didn't try everything), were the Biltong and the Goat's cheese. I am just finishing the slab of Biltong I bought, perfect, moist, great balanced seasoning that didn't overwhelm the meaty taste.

Also I have several cheeses in the fridge. Sadly the cheese people had already run out of the favourite I tasted, but they were all good, actually goaty, noticeably different in style and proof that a collective (its run by a foundation called Fundapaz) of rural families from Santiago del Estero can produce world quality cheese, and quite economically priced!

I have no hesitation in recommending either;

The Biltong can be acquired from [email protected]

The cheese sells in a number of places in BA under the brand Las Cabrillas. I liked the EXCELLENT Rowen, the classic Chevrotin and a very tasty Feta but they do a number of others. You can contact them at [email protected]

Judging by the success of the event, I suspect the Independent could turn this into a monthly (at the least) occasion. Always difficult for the participants to judge how much to make for the first event so I hope there weren't too many frustrated punters.

The venue is pretty interesting as well.

Many thanks Miles ; i am happy you enjoyed SAARG's Biltong; thank you too for all the support the BA community gave me on my first public exhibit of this product and all the great orders you've submitted.
I always believed that Biltong had a future here as every country i have lived in and introduced it to have loved it.
I look forward to many more happy snackers.
Best regards
David of Buenos Aires Horse Adventures:)

Hi there! I was selling my homemade natural granola along with La Choza 100% organic yoghurt at the market, I had such a wonderful time and was so grateful for the experience! If you enjoyed the granola and yoghurt, please feel welcome to contact me. I'm soon to be stocking my granola in a natural foods store in San Telmo and also work on a per-order basis. I'm on Facebook under Nikita Granola.
Besos!!

Back