First impressions

toongeorges

Registered
I arrived this morning in Buenos Aires. It is my 4th time I am visiting, I visited 7 years ago for 6 weeks, 6-5 years ago for a year (I had an Argentinian girlfriend and stayed) and 3 years ago for 6 weeks. Now I will stay until the end of December.

My first 2 visits felt like a big adventure. My 3rd visit I had the impression that Buenos Aires was very neurotic and I only started to feel well near the end of my visit. This time, when I walk in the streets I got the feeling I like being here. I have been in a rat race for a couple of years and adjusted to that and I did not realise something in me had decided to leave that rat race behind until I was actually walking in the streets here. It is weird, because a lot of people asked me if I was looking forward for my trip, but my answer was always I did not realise yet. Unlike my other trips, where I was already waiting in anticipation much beforehand. This time, my trip just happened. It was only when I was walking in the streets that I realised being here is so much more interesting that working for financial institutions who have no clue about how to manage their software projects.

There are 2 immediate impressions I have. There are a lot of good looking women over here (I knew, but it still stands out). I have seen more good looking women by walking the street today than I do not know for how much time at home. Also, the air is so polluted over here, you have a gas smell everywhere you walk. They are banning Diesel cars in Brussels now (as in other European cities), because the air in Brussels is too dirty. I smell the air in Brussels is bad, it is much better where I live, though the air in Brussels is much cleaner than in Buenos Aires.

interesting observations!

my argie girlfriend sometimes can't wait to escape the rat race and chaos that is buenos aires. when you leave the big city and go elsewhere in the country, the vibe is a lot different.

agree on the air quality. on top of the cars and trucks spewing exhaust everywhere, it seems like half the population smokes and is always breathing smoke in your face.

I arrived this morning in Buenos Aires. It is my 4th time I am visiting, I visited 7 years ago for 6 weeks, 6-5 years ago for a year (I had an Argentinian girlfriend and stayed) and 3 years ago for 6 weeks. Now I will stay until the end of December.

My first 2 visits felt like a big adventure. My 3rd visit I had the impression that Buenos Aires was very neurotic and I only started to feel well near the end of my visit. This time, when I walk in the streets I got the feeling I like being here. I have been in a rat race for a couple of years and adjusted to that and I did not realise something in me had decided to leave that rat race behind until I was actually walking in the streets here. It is weird, because a lot of people asked me if I was looking forward for my trip, but my answer was always I did not realise yet. Unlike my other trips, where I was already waiting in anticipation much beforehand. This time, my trip just happened. It was only when I was walking in the streets that I realised being here is so much more interesting that working for financial institutions who have no clue about how to manage their software projects.

There are 2 immediate impressions I have. There are a lot of good looking women over here (I knew, but it still stands out). I have seen more good looking women by walking the street today than I do not know for how much time at home. Also, the air is so polluted over here, you have a gas smell everywhere you walk. They are banning Diesel cars in Brussels now (as in other European cities), because the air in Brussels is too dirty. I smell the air in Brussels is bad, it is much better where I live, though the air in Brussels is much cleaner than in Buenos Aires.

So you are happy being here or what? It's not clear to me.

There are 2 immediate impressions I have. There are a lot of good looking women over here (I knew, but it still stands out). I have seen more good looking women by walking the street today than I do not know for how much time at home. Also, the air is so polluted over here, you have a gas smell everywhere you walk. They are banning Diesel cars in Brussels now (as in other European cities), because the air in Brussels is too dirty. I smell the air in Brussels is bad, it is much better where I live, though the air in Brussels is much cleaner than in Buenos Aires.[/QUOTE

Waiting to hear re first milonga;). and where is HOME?

my argie girlfriend sometimes can't wait to escape the rat race and chaos that is buenos aires. when you leave the big city and go elsewhere in the country, the vibe is a lot different.

I am coming as a tourist, not a professional. Working in Buenos is not the same as visiting. If I were to look for a job here, I would not sound as positive as I am now.

I am here for dancing tango. If not for that, other parts of the country are more easy going.

I notice that the air in the street is much better than in the past, when fuel emissions and fumes used to sofocate me while walking in the street, and even worse in microcentro. In that respect, air has dramatically improved throughout the years.

Agreed 100%. Plus they are so friendly!

My main reason for living here.

They're friendly because they're scared that you might do something very bad if they don't react positively to your casual sexual harassment. Trust me, women don't enjoy being told they're beautiful by every guy they pass by.

Creepy vibe.

Back